ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can I be my own accountant?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

goodssb

Can I be my own accountant?

Post by goodssb » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:25 pm

I understand that if i want to claim self-employed earnings points, I need a qualified accountant to prepare my accounts. But I myself am a qualified accountant, qualified with a top accounting firm. My business will be not related to accounting services. So can I be my own accountant?

Any comments welcome. Thanks in advance.

asp

Post by asp » Thu Nov 05, 2009 12:08 am

I doubt it - the documents would not be coming from a supposedly independent professional but from you as the applicant!

1400 Years

Re: Can I be my own accountant?

Post by 1400 Years » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:06 am

goodssb wrote:I understand that if i want to claim self-employed earnings points, I need a qualified accountant to prepare my accounts. But I myself am a qualified accountant, qualified with a top accounting firm. My business will be not related to accounting services. So can I be my own accountant?

The evidence must be provided from at least TWO DIFFERENT sources.

Lucky you an accountant. Compile the document like you would, and have another accountant sign it for you on their letterhead along with, of course, his / her reference number on the letter.

HSK Accountancy Services

Post by HSK Accountancy Services » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:41 pm

goodssb wrote:I understand that if i want to claim self-employed earnings points, I need a qualified accountant to prepare my accounts. But I myself am a qualified accountant, qualified with a top accounting firm. My business will be not related to accounting services. So can I be my own accountant?

Hi Goodssb, you should know this as you aslo a qualified accountant. Nobody can self-certify their own income.

Home Office should have made it clear but they did not reaise that there are some accountants who also want to apply for Tier-1!!

The best thing you can do is preprare your own set of accounts and get an independent opinion. You dont need a full Audit.

The Independent Accountant should be qualified and must have a practicing licence (so your CIMA colleague in office can't do it I am afraid).

Cheers

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:46 pm

HSK Accountancy Services wrote:

Hi Goodssb, you should know this as you aslo a qualified accountant. Nobody can self-certify their own income.

Home Office should have made it clear but they did not reaise that there are some accountants who also want to apply for Tier-1!!

The best thing you can do is preprare your own set of accounts and get an independent opinion. You dont need a full Audit.

The Independent Accountant should be qualified and must have a practicing licence (so your CIMA colleague in office can't do it I am afraid).

Cheers

Basic principle of accountancy , no self cerification and only ACCA / CA WITH LICNECE to pratice can sort it out

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:47 pm

even my self a practising acconct but my company have accnt for certification purpose.