ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR HSMP JR P60 issue

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ravi_b
Newly Registered

ILR HSMP JR P60 issue

Post by ravi_b » Thu Nov 05, 2009 1:46 am

I am on HSMP JR and due for ILR in mar/apr next year.
I worked for an indian company for two and half years during which Payslips and P60s were given but, the problem is
-First two years in the Payslips, more allowance and expenses components are shown and very less taxable amount is paid.So P60s doesn't show any tax.
-From 3rd year proper tax deductions and NI contributions are made. Mid 3rd year I left it joined a UK company which is paying tax properly so I have P60 with proper tax, In April next year I will have one more P60 ( 4 in total)

my doubts are 1) does the caseworkers check / need to check what salary,tax is paid or checks economically active /not?

2)if they check, would there be any problem with my P60s for first two years If I present them at PEO when I go for ILR? Or can I show only 4 years payslips as proof of economic activity + bank statments and present only latest 2 years P60 if asked which shows proper tax?

3)Is it suggestible to apply by post and submit only my 4 years Payslips + Bank statements as proof economic activity ?

4) Is it better apply through a solicitor

Many Thanks.

jhp

Re: ILR HSMP JR P60 issue

Post by jhp » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:16 pm

ravi_b wrote:I am on HSMP JR and due for ILR in mar/apr next year.
I worked for an indian company for two and half years during which Payslips and P60s were given but, the problem is
-First two years in the Payslips, more allowance and expenses components are shown and very less taxable amount is paid.So P60s doesn't show any tax.
-From 3rd year proper tax deductions and NI contributions are made. Mid 3rd year I left it joined a UK company which is paying tax properly so I have P60 with proper tax, In April next year I will have one more P60 ( 4 in total)

my doubts are 1) does the caseworkers check / need to check what salary,tax is paid or checks economically active /not?

2)if they check, would there be any problem with my P60s for first two years If I present them at PEO when I go for ILR? Or can I show only 4 years payslips as proof of economic activity + bank statments and present only latest 2 years P60 if asked which shows proper tax?

3)Is it suggestible to apply by post and submit only my 4 years Payslips + Bank statements as proof economic activity ?

Many Thanks.
1) The caseworker does not usually check how much salary was paid as long as some tax was paid and you have P60.

2. Usually they ask for last 4 years P60's

3. Better to go personally

troyguy21

Post by troyguy21 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:04 pm

Well when I applied by post, I only submitted 3 months Payslips, 3 months Bank Statements reflecting how each salary was paid in. And I also submitted the latest P60. So I did not submit 4 years document. Remember you are not applying as a Work Permit but HSMP applicant.

I was also on HSMP JR and I've now been naturalised.

ravi_b
Newly Registered

Post by ravi_b » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:41 pm

troyguy21 wrote:Well when I applied by post, I only submitted 3 months Payslips, 3 months Bank Statements reflecting how each salary was paid in. And I also submitted the latest P60. So I did not submit 4 years document. Remember you are not applying as a Work Permit but HSMP applicant.

Thanks for your reply guys. I will be happy if that's the case, but I assume it differ with each individual situation. members shared different experiences at different PEOs..

roopscisco

Re: ILR HSMP JR P60 issue

Post by roopscisco » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:46 pm

ravi_b wrote:I am on HSMP JR and due for ILR in mar/apr next year.

Many Thanks.

well, this depends on the individual Circumstances / case worker as I had a lots of pain when I applied under HSMP JR in person.

From my point of view the case worker ( a lady) didn’t understand how you can claim the expenses etc. Also she didn’t want to listen my explanations. Finally the case has been forwarded to her Manager & he dealt with the case in a professional manner.

Better you go there in person so you can explain to them in case of any such situations. Also I would advise to take the P60s with you , but better try & show the Pay slips + Bank statements.

Good Luck !
Roopscisco.

Enable

Post by Enable » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:00 pm

Hi Guyz, I am applying ILR last week of Jan-10.
I have a query abt P60.

One of the year, I resigned a company(A) before 31st of march so that company issued a P45 which has all the salary amount, tax etc for that financial year. Then joined the new company(B) before 5th of April.

Company(B) issued me a P60 with zero amount for that financial year.
So for that yeat I have P45 with all the amount and P60 with zero.

Should I submit both P45 and P60 for ILR. Is that normal case...quite confused.

Anyone please confirm me. Thanks

roopscisco

Post by roopscisco » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:08 am

Enable wrote:Hi Guyz, I am applying ILR last week of Jan-10.
I have a query abt P60.

One of the year, I resigned a company(A) before 31st of march so that company issued a P45 which has all the salary amount, tax etc for that financial year. Then joined the new company(B) before 5th of April.

Hey

didnt you receive the P60 from Company A ? Also not quite sure how come the P45 states all your Tax / Salary details ?

I would suggest you better talk to your Company A & get the P60 ?
Roopscisco.

Enable

Post by Enable » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:57 am

roopscisco wrote:
Enable wrote:Hi Guyz, I am applying ILR last week of Jan-10.
I have a query abt P60.

Hey

didnt you receive the P60 from Company A ? Also not quite sure how come the P45 states all your Tax / Salary details ?

I would suggest you better talk to your Company A & get the P60 ?
Hi Mate. Thanks for ur message.

I asked the company A, they said if the employee works till April 5th then they will issue P60 for the financial year its seems. Otherwise they will only issue P45.
Spoke to Company B as well, they say if the empoyee joins before April 5 then they will get P60 but they will including any salary i received from them update 5th of April. Also they said they won't accept P45 if employee joins after 31st of march. I have joined company B.

They say this is the normal practice. My question is will HO able to understand

Thanks

lumera
- thin ice -

Post by lumera » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:10 pm

troyguy21 wrote:Well when I applied by post, I only submitted 3 months Payslips, 3 months Bank Statements reflecting how each salary was paid in. And I also submitted the latest P60. So I did not submit 4 years document. Remember you are not applying as a Work Permit but HSMP applicant.

Many thanks....

Please what was your timeline like?

Date submitted?
Date UKBA ackowledged?
Date ILR received?

Thanks in advance!
D