ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Immigration status document

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ahmed80

Immigration status document

Post by Ahmed80 » Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:46 pm

HI
A while ago I applied for Tier 1 visa. UKBA lost my passport so stamped my Tier 1 visa on an Immigration status document.

Now I have been offered a job and the employer is telling me that they are waiting for the verification of my Immigration status document from the home office.

I have called the home office employer help line and have been told that they do not verify details for Tier 1 visa due to data protection.

Does anyone here know if employers would have another way of verification?
God knows what sort of verification they are waiting for.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Immigration status document

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:11 am

Ahmed80 wrote:HI
A while ago I applied for Tier 1 visa. UKBA lost my passport so stamped my Tier 1 visa on an Immigration status document.

Now I have been offered a job and the employer is telling me that they are waiting for the verification of my Immigration status document from the home office.

I have called the home office employer help line and have been told that they do not verify details for Tier 1 visa due to data protection.

What's holding you to get new passport and get your Tier-1 visa stamp on it?

confusedhsmp
Member of Standing

Post by confusedhsmp » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:30 am

Ahmed80

Re: Immigration status document

Post by Ahmed80 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:35 pm

chetanojha wrote:
Ahmed80 wrote:HI

What's holding you to get new passport and get your Tier-1 visa stamp on it?
Time my friend,

I cant ask my employer to hold the position while I get my visa transferred. Anyways it is as acceptable as visa on the passport. I have the same sticker on Immigration status document , which they would have put in my passport.