ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

summary of my doubts

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vidya

summary of my doubts

Post by vidya » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:11 am

hi all

can moderaters /senior members please clarify on these doubts (i am currently compiling my application)

- i am a chartered accountant , meaning i completed my final course and hence am qualified to apply for membership number . However , i have not yet applied for it.
To claim points for education
a) . Is CA from india equal to masters in UK ?
b) . would sufficient proof be only membership cert or is final pass certificate sufficient ....any indians in finance field please clarify ??

- My salary as per appointment letter qualifies for earnings points , howver my tax returns would show the taxable salary which is lower than gross comp ...and this is less than 5000GBP .....would i get the earnings points or not ??

- WOrk experience ....2 years after qualifying and 3 years -CA articleship , would articleship qualify for graduate level work ex ...any person from this field who has claimed those points ??

- significant achievements , i had got national merit certificates in accountancy and economics from the central govt for my A levels (12th standard) ...can this be considered significant , can i claim points ??

- i am planning to stay with my sister there initially , she has PR ...what documents should i ask her to send across as proof of accomodation?

thanks a lot
vidya :?

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:19 am

professional memebership does not equate masters degree. you will only get points for your graduate degree.
though the professional memebership can prove that you can continue your work in the UK.

you do not need proof of accomodation during the hsmp approval process ,though you will need it when applying for EC
u need a proof of status of the person in the UK
utility bill
maybe tenancy agreement
and a letter stating she will accomodate you with her contact details.
My bow has been renewed

Yinkuze

CA

Post by Yinkuze » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:16 am

NARIC will equate UK level Chartered Accountancy CA qualification to masters degree which will score 25 marks

I am however not sure if INDIAN CA qualificationis is equivalent to UK's ACCA or ACA or CIMA

one way to know is: if you get CA qualification in INDIAN do you also qualify for UK's ACCA without writing further exams, if your answer is yes then INDIAN CA wil get 25 marks

hope this helps
TIME is a better JUDGE than REASON.
-Thomas Paine

ispno1

Post by ispno1 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:06 pm

I agree with Yinkuze that if an Indian CA gets an ACCA certificate without writing any further exams u shud get 25 points for that cauz i know lots of ACCA people who have got the 25 point due to ACCA

vidya

Post by vidya » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:06 pm

thanks to the two members who replied

any further views from moderators / other senior members ..please reply :)

majic

Post by majic » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:02 pm

Dear Vidya,

i cannot comment on the ACCA part of your qualification. But having claimed and recieved points for earning I can tell u that in every category where one claims points should be very strongly defended.

Now if u provide them with a salary letter say XYZ and ur tax return stating ABC then you may be disappointed at there response. So my suggestion would be to defend strongly whatever u have.

Also remember the fact the significat achiement point are given to those with something SIGNIFICANT / At national / international level so if this certifcate is recieved by a few people say 5 across INDIA each year then you bet u will get points.

Ask for whatever u feel is right. Provide them with more to ponder on and keep fingers crossed.

Cheers