ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 invalid application due to old photographs, HELP!

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

csychristy
Newly Registered

Tier 1 invalid application due to old photographs, HELP!

Post by csychristy » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:19 am

Hi everyone,

I sent off my initial application in first week of September and a month later, about 9th October HO returned my application form saying it was invalid because I forgot to submit 2 photographs, silly I know! The letter stated that my fee will be refund shortly via cheque so I reapplied with a fresh application form as well as a cheque for fee. Received confirmation letter, money was taken out of my account, got the refund that was promised, thinking everything was going well.
Unfortunately, I received yet another 'invalid application' letter stating my photographs were over 1 month old, which, I didn't read the photograph guideline carefully.... this time the letter didn't say my fee will be refund but as it is an invalid application (not 'rejected), I should get my fee back right?

I am very concern and distress as my student visa as expired on the 30th October, will it effect my right of staying in the country? Most importantly, will it effect my right of reapplying Tier 1 visa?

Finally, should I send them yet another cheque for payment or would they just keep hold of my old payment as in the letter it doesn't say I will get a refund (thou I believe I an entitle to as this is not a 'rejection'). The enquiry bureau hotline doesn't open till Monday and I will be worry to death over the weekend! Please somebody help! :shock:

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:02 am

How would they know that your photograph is "one month old"?Do they know how you used to look like before a month?? (Unless the photo has some sort of date on it)

csychristy
Newly Registered

Post by csychristy » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:19 am

because the photographs I supplied is the same as the one I had on my Police Registration....

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:24 am

csychristy wrote:because the photographs I supplied is the same as the one I had on my Police Registration....
If you apply again then i suggest you go to a photo booth near you and get 2 new ones. Stupid mistake on your part seeing as your application had been declared invalid for this reason previously.

As to your refund, you'll just have to wait until Monday until they open again and ask them direct.

csychristy
Newly Registered

Post by csychristy » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:14 pm

Okay guys, received a refund cheque from HO today which is a relief. Still want to know if this will have an impact on my application as m student visa has expired on 30th October? Or would they count as a continuous application if I supply a covering letter explaining what had happened and provide them with the application bar code?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sat Nov 07, 2009 5:17 pm

csychristy wrote:Okay guys, received a refund cheque from HO today which is a relief. Still want to know if this will have an impact on my application as m student visa has expired on 30th October? Or would they count as a continuous application if I supply a covering letter explaining what had happened and provide them with the application bar code?
Give it a try but I think you dont have a valid leave to remain in the country and thus an over-stayer
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Sat Nov 07, 2009 10:52 pm

apply, there have been cases where students applied after weeks of expiry and got a positive reply.