ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP to Tier1 Extension - Help needed

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

iceCold

HSMP to Tier1 Extension - Help needed

Post by iceCold » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:26 pm

Hi,
My HSMP visa will expire on 1 Mar 2009. Have a few questions before I make the application :
1) My surname is missing in the passport. But all other documents contain the surname.So during the time of initial application back in Feb 2008 , I had submitted a letter from a lawyer in India which was accepted by the Home Office. My question is, during the extension application do I need to submit the same letter or should I get a new one from a lawyer in UK?
2) My wife's passport will expire before the visa, if we are granted a 3 year visa. She cannot apply for a new passport yet because the Indian embassy does not grant a new visa when the existing one is valid for another 2 years. Anything I can do?
3) We need to show 850£ * 2 = 1700£ as maintenance funds for the last 3 months. Am I right in thinking this?
4) Our visa will expire on March 1st. Will that be fine if I book a visa appointment for Feb 10th ?

I would greatly appreciate if some experienced posters could clear my queries. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,
iceCold.

push
United Kingdom

Re: HSMP to Tier1 Extension - Help needed

Post by push » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:23 pm

iceCold wrote:1) My surname is missing in the passport. But all other documents contain the surname.So during the time of initial application back in Feb 2008 , I had submitted a letter from a lawyer in India which was accepted by the Home Office. My question is, during the extension application do I need to submit the same letter or should I get a new one from a lawyer in UK?
If the letter was accepted earlier, there should not be a reason why it wouldn't be accepted now,unless it has a validity date.
iceCold wrote:2) My wife's passport will expire before the visa, if we are granted a 3 year visa. She cannot apply for a new passport yet because the Indian embassy does not grant a new visa when the existing one is valid for another 2 years. Anything I can do?
thats fine. Ones she gets extension and when the passport expires she will have the option of carrying two passports or of getting the VISA transferred to the new Passport.
iceCold wrote:3) We need to show 850£ * 2 = 1700£ as maintenance funds for the last 3 months. Am I right in thinking this?
Its should be £800+£533 if the main applicant has been in UK for more than 12 months. Where did you get your figures from?
iceCold wrote:4) Our visa will expire on March 1st. Will that be fine if I book a visa appointment for Feb 10th ?
Yes that seems reasonable
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: HSMP to Tier1 Extension - Help needed

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:20 pm

push wrote:
iceCold wrote:1) My surname is missing in the passport. But all other documents contain the surname.So during the time of initial application back in Feb 2008 , I had submitted a letter from a lawyer in India which was accepted by the Home Office. My question is, during the extension application do I need to submit the same letter or should I get a new one from a lawyer in UK?
If the letter was accepted earlier, there should not be a reason why it wouldn't be accepted now,unless it has a validity date.
iceCold wrote:
u can regularise yr pp from indian high comission , u have lot of time to do that and always saved from unnecesary hassels

2) My wife's passport will expire before the visa, if we are granted a 3 year visa. She cannot apply for a new passport yet because the Indian embassy does not grant a new visa when the existing one is valid for another 2 years. Anything I can do?
thats fine. Ones she gets extension and when the passport expires she will have the option of carrying two passports or of getting the VISA transferred to the new Passport.
iceCold wrote:

if possible u can also get renew her pp from yr embassey

3) We need to show 850£ * 2 = 1700£ as maintenance funds for the last 3 months. Am I right in thinking this?
Its should be £800+£533 if the main applicant has been in UK for more than 12 months. Where did you get your figures from?
iceCold wrote:4) Our visa will expire on March 1st. Will that be fine if I book a visa appointment for Feb 10th ?
Yes that seems reasonable

iceCold

Post by iceCold » Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:14 pm

Hi push , Sushil
Thanks for the quick and accurate response.