ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Family Visa Refusal

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

behzadrauf
Newly Registered

Family Visa Refusal

Post by behzadrauf » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:00 pm

AOA all!
This is Behzad from Manchester. I am here on a Tier 1 Visa. I applied for my families visa from Pakistan. But the visa has been refused on the grounds that I haven't attached a tenancy agreement with the application.
I am living with my friends and don't have my own home. So what should I do. I have the right of appeal within 28 days.l I am living here for 6 months. UK embassy took ages to reply on visa cases. And its not wise enough to to pay thousand of pounds without any reason. I was just waiting for their visa, to apply for a tenancy agreement.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Family Visa Refusal

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:48 pm

behzadrauf wrote:AOA all!
This is Behzad from Manchester. I am here on a Tier 1 Visa. I applied for my families visa from Pakistan. But the visa has been refused on the grounds that I haven't attached a tenancy agreement with the application.
I am living with my friends and don't have my own home. So what should I do. I have the right of appeal within 28 days.l I am living here for 6 months. UK embassy took ages to reply on visa cases. And its not wise enough to to pay thousand of pounds without any reason. I was just waiting for their visa, to apply for a tenancy agreement.
You can apply with tenancy agreement. If you are living with a friend, then get a NOC letter from your landlord or estate agent.

To be honest, it will take ages(3-4 months minimum) to get reply of your appeal. If I were you, I would apply again with all proper documentation.

desertman

Post by desertman » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:43 pm

HI behzad,
I applied for my parents for family visa but got rejected with the reason that i didnt supply them my finance details and accommodation proof. But all the documents were with the application and they returned back as well. and my parents had visited uk before as well.

they also gave me the chance of appeal but i m thinking to resubmit bcz appeal will take arnd one year and not less than 10 months.

what u decided what r u dng? resubmit or appeal ?

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Nov 10, 2009 2:56 pm

i applied for my dad's visa who has visited before but they rejected on the grounds that my dad didn't had any dependants back in country and that he wouldn't go back. I have 2 brother and my mother who is dependant on my dad.

what a farce... anyway, they have given a chance to appeal which I have done so preparing the documents now. Fingers crossed :wink:

desertman

Post by desertman » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:16 pm

will it not take longer in case of appeal?

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:31 pm

desertman wrote:will it not take longer in case of appeal?
should take longer than 3-6 months. I filed appeal in Oct. Got to send my evidence by 30 nov 2009 and then court date hopefully.

moreover, it is better to appeal than to lodge a fresh application.

uiqbal

Post by uiqbal » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:10 pm

Hi Behzad,

I also applied for my family visa without the tenancy agreement and it was approved. I am also from Manchester on Tier 1.

Here is what i provided.

Council inspection letter.
Letter from my family friend - the landlord.
Sponsorship letter from uk lawyer notarized.

Regards,
uiqbal

desertman

Post by desertman » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:39 am

uiqbal, what docs u provide or how u proved tht they will definitely go back after their visit.
like in case of innocentdevil how can we prove tht they ve dependents at home nd wil come back, as in this age they cant ve ny job nd r spending the retired life.

tnx

amitc

Post by amitc » Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:08 am

My parents visited UK few months back and now my in-laws are here. They got family visiting visa within a week after applying in Kolkata. Documents I have provided-
From my side:
Bank statements and pay slips for last 6 months
House agreement
Utility Bill-BT and Council Tax
Invitation letter to Parents/in laws
Letter to BHC requesting for Visa for them
Copy of my passport/visa

From their side:
funds- bank pass books, pension documents
Property documents- just to prove they have house and will back

They got Visa without any problem. Now I am planning to bring my parents back again next year with schenegan visa to take them for Europe trip.

Any one has any idea how to apply for Schenegan Visa from India. What documents required for that.