ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I think it's time to do something

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sovtek

I think it's time to do something

Post by sovtek » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:41 pm

With all the roadblocks the justice department in general and the INIS in particular I think its time to get people power and push this government to treat immigrants fairly (which basically means this government has to go).
I've joined a party that dont just sit around and talk...they do things. I'm not talking about just protesting either. It's quite obvious the Irish government doesnt give a crap about its "own people" much less immigrants so they aren't going to listen by people just protesting every once in a while.
I've been here almost ten years and the amount of crap I've had to deal with immigration over the last few years...when I should be enjoying the security anyone that has contributed to this country as much as I have(and hundreds of thousands like me) should.
Then after all the abuse and virtual slavery if they do priviledge you with secure immigration status they make you pay through the nose for the "priviledge". I'm sick of it and I'm NOT leaving!

PM me if you are interested in joining.

victor8600

Re: I think it's time to do something

Post by victor8600 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:52 am

sovtek wrote:..I've joined a party that dont just sit around and talk...they do things. I'm not talking about just protesting either...
So what is the name of this party, and what does it actually do? Taliban? Greens? Not Sitting Around, Not Protesting party?
All your base are belong to us

sovtek

Post by sovtek » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:36 pm

victor8600 wrote:
sovtek wrote:..I've joined a party that dont just sit around and talk...they do things. I'm not talking about just protesting either...
So what is the name of this party, and what does it actually do? Taliban? Greens? Not Sitting Around, Not Protesting party?
Yeah its the Taliban. I hear about them in the news all time out there helping immigrants.

sovtek

Post by sovtek » Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:22 pm

Jesus are people really that apathetic?

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Fri Nov 20, 2009 3:48 pm

sovtek wrote:With all the roadblocks the justice department in general and the INIS in particular I think its time to get people power and push this government to treat immigrants fairly (which basically means this government has to go).
I've joined a party that dont just sit around and talk...they do things. I'm not talking about just protesting either. It's quite obvious the Irish government doesnt give a crap about its "own people" much less immigrants so they aren't going to listen by people just protesting every once in a while.
I've been here almost ten years and the amount of crap I've had to deal with immigration over the last few years...when I should be enjoying the security anyone that has contributed to this country as much as I have(and hundreds of thousands like me) should.
Then after all the abuse and virtual slavery if they do priviledge you with secure immigration status they make you pay through the nose for the "priviledge". I'm sick of it and I'm NOT leaving!

PM me if you are interested in joining.
A party who do things??? ha well its not fiann fail and its definitely not and will not be fine gael (leo valdvakar anyone?), labour maybe make some noise but that would be about it, during this tough period of time, sinn fein ha no chance the working class will leave them.

So tell me, how are you, a non Irish Citizen (assuming) (and assuming non British citizen) going to push the government out? you don't evn have a dail vote

You seem to have no idea that a bad as the shower of ba$tards in the government are, its not that they have ran out of compassion, they have ran out of money

The virtual slavery bit, could you tell me, what work have you done in Ireland for the past ten years, the money? hours? Jesus you would swear that non nationals were the only ones doing 40-60 hours per week in the past 10 years

Respectively, and i wish you the best of luck, you won't get too many people (natives) concerned with the genuine plight of the immigrant at this time... in fact, they may get resentment. still best of luck

victor8600

Post by victor8600 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:04 pm

sovtek wrote:Jesus are people really that apathetic?
I am not. However, your original post does lack in detail. Can you actually clarify what is you want to do and how? Or how "joining a party" can change anything?
All your base are belong to us

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Tue Nov 24, 2009 2:48 pm

I think you should read this article.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/fro ... 39934.html

THE VAST majority (72 per cent) of people want to see a reduction in the number of non-Irish immigrants living here, according to an Irish Times /Behaviour Attitudes opinion poll.

Overall, a total of 43 per cent say they would like to see some, but not all, immigrants leave the State, while 29 per cent would like to see most immigrants leave. In contrast, just over a quarter (26 per cent) would like to see the number of immigrants remain as it is

v emmy

Post by v emmy » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:48 pm

It's all about getting re-elected. We don't get anyone elected.
Only people/groups who can get people elected get response, attention and action.

We can vote only at the local level.
We are a small influence in that respect.
Winning the favour of "immigrants" will not do anything to get anyone elected.
We are viewed as a potential drain on the system, and things are so scary right now.

It was great when we poured in to fill the jobs that they couldn't fill around 1999-2000 etc. "Thanks for coming to help us out; we don't need you now." (My boyfriend falls into that category, but of course, he doesn't mean *ME!* He KNOWS me.)
At this stage, I think we are viewed, generally, as having little to nothing to offer Ireland; that we are mostly minimum-wage earners with funny accents that they cannot understand, and, as in most countries, I suppose, are not held in high esteem. And we are seen by the un-thinking as the reason that people made redundant can't find jobs.

But the bottom line is election/re-election and staff holding on to jobs.
The Minister of Justice obviously would want to avoid going the way of one of his predecessors (i.e. McDowell) by not getting re-elected.
The people under him in his department want to keep their jobs.
The more scrutiny INIS give applications, the slower they go reviewing them; then the more likely they are to find reasons for refusal. Points for them. Job security. So no job cuts there.
Minister perceived to be minimising the number of blow-ins getting citizenship is a good thing for him and that can turn into votes.

Simple as that... from where I sit anyway. Sorry for the morose overview.

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:30 am

v emmy wrote: It was great when we poured in to fill the jobs that they couldn't fill around 1999-2000 etc. "Thanks for coming to help us out; we don't need you now." (My boyfriend falls into that category, but of course, he doesn't mean *ME!* He KNOWS me.
It was never "great". Mass immigration was always the elephant in the room, the issue people never wanted to mention in case they were deemed dearly beloved. Now our country is going down the toilet, people no longer care about being labelled "dearly beloved." The PC crowd could only silence the majority for so long.

sovtek

Post by sovtek » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:03 am

Party politics is not what I'm talking about. Voting for a party every once in a while is not how major change is acheived.
At the moment there is a lot of beloved about because of this crisis. This is normal because we are easy scapegoats for the government, whom along with the media, will play the locals against the immigrants.
When workers get together, however, you see those barriers break down and people start to realize where the true problem lies and fight against that.

sovtek

Post by sovtek » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:05 am

IrishTom wrote:
v emmy wrote: It was great when we poured in to fill the jobs that they couldn't fill around 1999-2000 etc. "Thanks for coming to help us out; we don't need you now." (My boyfriend falls into that category, but of course, he doesn't mean *ME!* He KNOWS me.
It was never "great". Mass immigration was always the elephant in the room, the issue people never wanted to mention in case they were deemed dearly beloved. Now our country is going down the toilet, people no longer care about being labelled "dearly beloved." The PC crowd could only silence the majority for so long.
Well now that the PC brigade is well and truly vanquished....pour your little heart out.

sovtek

Post by sovtek » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:17 am

v emmy wrote:
We can vote only at the local level.
We are a small influence in that respect.
I guess that's why the last local elections saw FF get battered about the eyes?
Anyway I'm not talking about party politics here.

It was great when we poured in to fill the jobs that they couldn't fill around 1999-2000 etc. "Thanks for coming to help us out; we don't need you now." (My boyfriend falls into that category, but of course, he doesn't mean *ME!* He KNOWS me.)
You might want to point out to your bf how much tax revenue we bring in without taking anything from the kitty and also that when immigrants are kicked out the good jobs dont come back.

But the bottom line is election/re-election and staff holding on to jobs.
The Minister of Justice obviously would want to avoid going the way of one of his predecessors (i.e. McDowell) by not getting re-elected.
The people under him in his department want to keep their jobs.
The more scrutiny INIS give applications, the slower they go reviewing them; then the more likely they are to find reasons for refusal. Points for them. Job security. So no job cuts there.
Minister perceived to be minimising the number of blow-ins getting citizenship is a good thing for him and that can turn into votes.

Simple as that... from where I sit anyway. Sorry for the morose overview.
When you occupy his constituency office en mass and with a fair amount of locals things start to look different. There is a reason ol Derm gave a little victory (and I do mean little) to the MRC in the form of the extension of status to those who are made redundant. Unfortunately the MRC are only prepared to come out every once in a while to exert any pressure so their gains are modest and I don't think you can get the change to come from "inside the system" IMHO.

sovtek

Post by sovtek » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:19 am

walrusgumble wrote:
Respectively, and i wish you the best of luck, you won't get too many people (natives) concerned with the genuine plight of the immigrant at this time... in fact, they may get resentment. still best of luck
I don't even need three guesses which side you sit on there grumble.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:48 pm

sovtek wrote:
walrusgumble wrote:
I don't even need three guesses which side you sit on there grumble.
i am sorry sovek, but there are no sides, this is not a game. In the future, don't waste your time replying to my posts if you are going to think and rule with your heart as oppose to your head.

1. I offer full support to those genuine people (non nationals) in need of help.

2. Only an idiot would genuinely believe that any government in rescession will be sympathethic or get involved in any other problems that are not "economic solutions" or effect Irish Citizens (ie the voters of dail eireann, their bossess), unless, of course a whole load of oil rich non irsh / non eu citizens come in with real money to help the state (before you even bother, most EU states would be of the same attitude, Ireland is not on its own)

Compare the amount of Non Irish/Non EU candidates for the last local elections with the amount of seats won by same. (in fairness, this will greatly imporve in the coming years)

3. Only an idiot would genuinely believe that any government in rescession will ignore the number of polls carried out which, alledgely, show that their constituents (ie Irish Citizens!) want to see or would be glad to see reduction in Immigration, in particular non EU immigrants

4. I am merely pointing out facts. I am not giving my view. In fact, if I am giving my view, I am merely experiencing my spectism towards most Irish political parties or governments and their lack of backbone to do anything useful (whether it is supporting immigrants or getting a health care system)

5. So get the chip off your shoulder, not my fault some people don't like actually being told facts or the truth. Still, again, to express my support to people like yourself, I wish you only the best.

6. You honestly believe that even the most sincere and 100% pro immigration person is going to publicly speak up in an effective manner in light of the current climate?

sovtek

Post by sovtek » Thu Dec 17, 2009 10:32 am

walrusgumble wrote:

1. I offer full support to those genuine people (non nationals) in need of help.
What is a non-national?