ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

CCL psw what next

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

tanvirni

CCL psw what next

Post by tanvirni » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:47 pm

My friend who applied PSW with CCL certificates(!) and granted year ago. Now he is started worrying. What he will do next?

Back to student visa or do a master’s degree and apply Tier1(general)? Will home office refuse his application on the basis of he did PSW with CCL certificates.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:52 pm

tanvirni, recognising that there were actually some genuine students at CCL, was he one of those? And can prove it, if necessary?

Or was he a "fake student" there?
John

sunnychoco
Newly Registered

Re: CCL psw what next

Post by sunnychoco » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:44 pm

tanvirni wrote:My friend who applied PSW with CCL certificates(!) and granted year ago. Now he is started worrying. What he will do next?

Back to student visa or do a master’s degree and apply Tier1(general)? Will home office refuse his application on the basis of he did PSW with CCL certificates.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Hey mate,
Dnt worry my 3 friends applied for psw after IGS and got it all clean..Just go for psw and stop worrying about certificates.
Remember you dnt need any degree certificates to send to home office.Just your passport and 3 months statement with more than 800 pounds...Funny thing i dnt think they were genuine students.they always say so but i will put ? mark on it..
Just follow PSW guidelines and you will be fine...take my word for it.

tanvirni

Post by tanvirni » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:18 pm

John wrote:tanvirni, recognising that there were actually some genuine students at CCL, was he one of those? And can prove it, if necessary?

Or was he a "fake student" there?
Hi John, thanks for the reply. He is one of those who fall in your second category? So, what would be your suggestion.

Thanks

tanvirni

Post by tanvirni » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:23 pm

sunnychoco wrote:
tanvirni wrote:My friend who applied PSW with CCL certificates(!) and granted year ago. Now he is started worrying. What he will do next?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Hey mate,
Dnt worry my 3 friends applied for psw after IGS and got it all clean..Just go for psw and stop worrying about certificates.
Remember you dnt need any degree certificates to send to home office.Just your passport and 3 months statement with more than 800 pounds...Funny thing i dnt think they were genuine students.they always say so but i will put ? mark on it..
Just follow PSW guidelines and you will be fine...take my word for it.
Hi,
He already got his PSW approved with CCL and around year left leave to remain.
Will he need to send the past study info if want to become student again.

Thanks
Tanvir[/quote]

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:27 pm

They almost certainly already have the records about Cambridge College on his file. He can still be refused for using deception in a past application.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:28 pm

tanvirni wrote:Hi John, thanks for the reply. He is one of those who fall in your second category? So, what would be your suggestion.
I can only emphasise, take note of what PaperPusher has posted. He should also appreciate that a visa granted because of deception can be cancelled at any time.
John

Blackwater1

Post by Blackwater1 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:20 pm

people with IGS on CCL documents have got extension as a student..but keep in mind that CCL machine operated at its maximum from july 2008

tanvirni

Post by tanvirni » Wed Jan 19, 2011 11:10 am

If anybody interested.

My mentioned friend who did CCL PSW extension got three years student visa.

newmoon

MORE INFO

Post by newmoon » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:12 pm

HI TANVIRNI,

CAN YOU PLEASE GIVE MORE INFO.

HOW HE APPLIED (DIRECT /POST).

WAS IT COLLEGE OR UNI

PLEASE UPDATE

THANKS

tanvirni

Re: MORE INFO

Post by tanvirni » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:45 am

newmoon wrote:HI TANVIRNI,

WAS IT COLLEGE OR UNI

PLEASE UPDATE

THANKS
Hi Newmoon,

He applied via post(with help from immigration lawyer) in Nov’2010. The biometric done in December and got the approval last week. He started ACCA course in a London college before the application. If you need anymore info else let me know.

Thanks
Tanvirni

newmoon

Post by newmoon » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:30 pm

tanvirni wrote:

WAS IT COLLEGE OR UNI

PLEASE UPDATE

THANKS
Hi Newmoon,

He applied via post(with help from immigration lawyer) in Nov’2010. The biometric done in December and got the approval last week. He started ACCA course in a London college before the application. If you need anymore info else let me know.

Thanks
Tanvirni
Thanks for your prompt reply

Yes I would like to know more details

Which college he joined. I am also doing ACCA (part qualified - but studied on my own now doing p1 and p2)

Which Solicitor?

Did he show £7200 funds for maintenance.

Thanks for your help

susiewang
Newly Registered

Post by susiewang » Fri Jan 21, 2011 1:50 pm

How can your friend get three years visa? As far as I know the longest course college run for ACCA at one time is one year?

newmoon

Pls update

Post by newmoon » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:38 pm

Hi Tanvirni,

Please update

Thanks

newmoon

Post by newmoon » Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:48 pm

newmoon wrote:
tanvirni wrote:

WAS IT COLLEGE OR UNI

PLEASE UPDATE

THANKS
Hi Newmoon,

Thanks
Tanvirni
Thanks for your prompt reply

Yes I would like to know more details

Which college he joined. I am also doing ACCA (part qualified - but studied on my own now doing p1 and p2)

Which Solicitor?

Did he show £7200 funds for maintenance.

Thanks for your help
Hi Can you update ...........

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Thu Jan 27, 2011 9:09 pm

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Thu Jan 27, 2011 10:37 pm

46. To conclude:

The Immigration Judge materially erred in law and we set aside his decision.

The decision we remake is to dismiss the appellant’s appeal.

PaperPusher
Respected Guru

Post by PaperPusher » Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:48 pm

Yes, the judge erred in allowing the supposed CCL student's appeal. The case was dismissed.

This is an important bit:

3)     Given the nature and extent of the evidence found by the Tribunal in NA and Others (Cambridge College of Learning) Pakistan [2009] UKAIT 00033 to point overwhelmingly to a conclusion that CCOL never ran any Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management or in IT, a claimant who relies solely on documents specific to his or her own (claimed) studies in order to maintain the contrary must expect these to be scrutinised closely.

newmoon

Post by newmoon » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:26 am

PaperPusher wrote:Yes, the judge erred in allowing the supposed CCL student's appeal. The case was dismissed.

This is an important bit:

3)     Given the nature and extent of the evidence found by the Tribunal in NA and Others (Cambridge College of Learning) Pakistan [2009] UKAIT 00033 to point overwhelmingly to a conclusion that CCOL never ran any Postgraduate Diploma in Business Management or in IT, a claimant who relies solely on documents specific to his or her own (claimed) studies in order to maintain the contrary must expect these to be scrutinised closely.
Does this mean that they (HO) cannot simply reject applications from past CCL students.

Is it correct?

tanvirni

Re: Pls update

Post by tanvirni » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:25 pm

newmoon wrote:Hi Tanvirni,

Please update

Thanks
Hello Newmoon,

Sorry about the late reply. My friend went outside the UK. Do you still need those information.

Tanvirni

newmoon

thanks

Post by newmoon » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:30 pm

Hi Tanvir,

thanks. even i extended my visa. Tier 4 dependant (entry clearance) in january and then Tier 1 dependant yesterday.

now worries is whether they can still bring the deception issue if i go for further extension after 2 years.

some of my friends are saying that they HO cannot bring that issue as I have got entry clearance. how far this is true......

seniors / experts pls advice...

thanks

arsenal49
Diamond Member

Post by arsenal49 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:06 pm

if your past indiscretions EVER get highlighted on ukba's computer, then you are liable to be penalised for that.

it doesn't matter if you got a new entry clearance since then or not.

however, since they have issued you entry clearance, in all probability, you can breathe easy, for now... as they didn't found anything about your past.