ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Freedom of Information request to UKBA-SetO appointm Problem

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

pbs6vas

Freedom of Information request to UKBA-SetO appointm Problem

Post by pbs6vas » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:16 pm

I have been trying for last 4 weeks and not seen a single
appointment.I know some of my friends who got appointments for next
week through solicitors for a charge up to £800. Where from these
solicitors are getting these appointments?.

Send a fresh 'Freedom of Information request to UKBA.They have to answer us. Lets do it these guys should answer us. Lets put this unfair business to an end. Come on Guys. cheers
http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/p ... ccess_to_o

meats
BANNED

Re: Freedom of Information request to UKBA-SetO appointm Pro

Post by meats » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:25 pm

pbs6vas wrote:I have been trying for last 4 weeks and not seen a single

Send a fresh 'Freedom of Information request to UKBA.They have to answer us. Lets do it these guys should answer us. Lets put this unfair business to an end. Come on Guys. cheers
Instead of getting them to do it for you, why don't you just request it yourself?

hsmp2tier1

Post by hsmp2tier1 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:29 pm

Instead of getting them to do it for you, why don't you just request it yourself?
Meats, can you elaborate on this, how can this be requested ?

meats
BANNED

Post by meats » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:33 pm

hsmp2tier1 wrote:
Meats, can you elaborate on this, how can this be requested ?
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/navigation/foi/

pbs6vas

Post by pbs6vas » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:40 pm

meats wrote:
pbs6vas wrote:I have been trying for last 4 weeks and not seen a single

PLEASE STOP BLAMING. I DID REQUEST. U CAN CLICK ON THE LINK AND CHECK.THOSE WHO R INTERESTED. PLEASE CLICK ON THE LINK IN MY FIRST POST AND CLICK ON FRESH REQUEST.

pbs6vas

Post by pbs6vas » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:47 pm

CLICK ON THIS LINK AND POST A REQUEST
I HAVE ALREADY DONE , U CAN FIND MINE THERE
CHEERS

pbs6vas

Post by pbs6vas » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:50 pm

BEWARE OF AGENTS FOR SOLICITORS. THEY ARE MISLEADING US AND DIFFUSING THE INTENSITY OF THE PROBLEM

joh118

Post by joh118 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:39 pm

pbs6vas wrote:BEWARE OF AGENTS FOR SOLICITORS. THEY ARE MISLEADING US AND DIFFUSING THE INTENSITY OF THE PROBLEM
Yep i'm gonna do it soon.

Basically, UKBA has a public area where any form of visa is granted on an idividual basis and a "private" area where they welcome applications represented by solicitors.

It is the unproportioned availability of Solicitor's appointments that is making it unfair.

So when we go make Premium applications in person, we will not meet any solicitors because they do not use that route. They use a special route designed for solicitors

joh118

Post by joh118 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:21 pm

pbs6vas wrote:BEWARE OF AGENTS FOR SOLICITORS. THEY ARE MISLEADING US AND DIFFUSING THE INTENSITY OF THE PROBLEM
Yep i'm gonna do it soon.

Basically, UKBA has a public area where any form of visa is granted on an idividual basis and a "private" area where they welcome applications represented by solicitors.

It is the unproportioned availability of Solicitor's appointments that is making it unfair.

So when we go make Premium applications in person, we will not meet any solicitors because they do not use that route. They use a special route designed for solicitors

pbs6vas

Post by pbs6vas » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:31 pm

I HAVE REQUESTED EXPLAINATION FROM HOME OFFICE. HOME OFFICE IS REVIEWING ONLINE APPOINTMENT PROBLEMS.PLEASE FOLLOW THE LINK AND LEAVE ANNOTATIONS SUPPORTING THIS. CHEERS GUYS
http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/u ... ming-56027

pbs6vas

Post by pbs6vas » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:33 pm

PLEASE LEAVE AN ANNOTATION EXPLAINING THE ISSUE......CLICK ON ABOVE LINK AND ADD UR MESSAGE

gia_a
Newly Registered

How solicitors get an appointment?

Post by gia_a » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:55 am

As mentioned above, solicitors have a special route. correct. The special route is - they have to email the list of candidates/ appointments with timings every monday. They get only 1 or 2 appointments per day. But solicitors can also book cancelled appointments in your name. They keep checking with UKBA for any cancelled appointment.

Also, there are different number of appointments released for each category. For Tier 1 general, someone told me, there are very few appointments available always.