ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-enter the UK with Student Visa for PSW?

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

haqiki
Newly Registered

Re-enter the UK with Student Visa for PSW?

Post by haqiki » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:25 pm

Hi guys,

I hope you all are ok.

I need advice, opinion or experiences perhaps regarding re-enter Heathrow Airport (re-enter UK) with the Student Visa for PSW application?

Will the immigration allow us to re-enter the UK with student visa after we took holiday to go back home?

With my friend experience, I think it's possible however I still hesitate. Her visa will expired in this end of Nov. And she came back from her country exactly one month before her visa expired. She was questioned, but just short questions about why does she come back after she has finished all her studies? and she answered to apply PSW, because she still has the visa for one more month, and she was permitted to through.

I want to go home first because my sister will get married, however, if it is too risky for me to re-enter the UK afterthat, I prefer to wait here and be more patient :(

Any suggestion or real experience guys?

Many thanks before,

Regards,
Qiki

D

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:25 pm

Based on previous posts, if you finished your school or course, it may cause a problem as you should have a reason to re-enter the UK. However, it is really depends on the immigration officer at the border. It is advisable that you be prepared to answer all questions.
________
Apple Games
Last edited by Jack_Hammer on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blackwater1

Post by Blackwater1 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:24 pm

if you have finished your studies then you can apply for PSW from your home country as well rather than taking chances at heathrow.