ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent advise on naturalization

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rajakotala
Newly Registered

Urgent advise on naturalization

Post by rajakotala » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:41 am

Hello,
I got my ILR on 05/12/2008 (five year work Permit). In March 2009 I had serious disagreement with my employers left them and since then I have been unemployed. Later in September 2009 I came to know (from HMRC) that they (my ex-employer) have not informed them (HMRC) of my employment and also have not paid any taxes or NI that they (my ex-employers) have deducted from my salary.
Yet they applied for my work permit before I started to work for them. On my first day they gave me a form to sign (notification of new employee to HMRC) which their accountant also signed and I was told it was posted to HMRC. While I worked there they gave me my payslip, P60. My salary always came to my bank account directly from company’s account. During my employment they once applied extension of my work permit (October 2008) through a solicitor. They also gave me letter of employment when I applied for ILR saying my services will be required on long term basis.

I have written to my Tax office clearing my position along with my evidence i.e. of copy of notification of new employee, Payslips and P60 but have yet to receive any reply from them.

I will go to India on leave on 24th November and will return on 19th December 2009. Once back I will apply for naturalization on my first available opportunity.
Having known the factors and facts above please answer following questions:
1. Does it matter if I am unemployed when I apply for naturalization?
2. Will non Payment of Taxes and NI from employer effect my application?
Please advise me for I am very worried with predicament I am in
Raj Kotala

rajakotala
Newly Registered

Please advise!!!!

Post by rajakotala » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:12 am

Well guys? I would really appreciate any thoughts.

taliska

Post by taliska » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:35 pm

I thinks you need to liaise with the tax office to ensure that this is cleared up before you apply or else it may definitely affect you application as they do want tax details and may check with the inland revenue. Being gainfully employed is also a bonus to show that you are not just living off the benefit system since you were granted ILR as this may seem that you just wanted to get your permanent stay to sponge off the state, so be careful as you may lose your money if you apply and there are many doubts about what contribution you wouold make to the society. The New rules for citizenship won't come in for a while so may be best to as they say PUT YOUR HOUSE IN ORDER before you apply