ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

WHAT ARE CURRENT PROCESSING TIMES EEA2?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Gabriella2305

WHAT ARE CURRENT PROCESSING TIMES EEA2?

Post by Gabriella2305 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:19 pm

Hello all,
I am getting married next weekend, 21 November and after which I will submit my EEA2 application. I've read that they are trying to get back on track and with processing times being 6months only as of Nov 2009, is this true? Do you think if I submit my EEA2 application beginning of Dec 09 i will get it back by June 2010?

I urgently need to travel back to South Africa for a family wedding in July 2010 and if my EEA2 application is still pending I am scared I won't be granted access back into country. What if I travel with marriage certificate, my husband and COA?

Thank you

pdykid

Post by pdykid » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:10 pm

Congrats Gabriella.

I think you will receive your EEA2 before June 2010. If your application is straight forward you may receive before June 2010 and many says mixed response about speed of the processing time of EEA2 is better now.

If they took beyond June 2010, you can always ask them return the passport. Your EEA2 is still in processing.
Travel to SA.
Apply for EEA family permit in South Africa. Return to UK.

Your case worker demands for your passport when your turn comes.

I think you will receive EEA2 before June 2010. Take care.

Gabriella2305

Post by Gabriella2305 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:28 am

THANK you for your reply, very helpful!!