ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP -> Tier 1 extension Query on Qualification

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmphsmp

HSMP -> Tier 1 extension Query on Qualification

Post by hsmphsmp » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:45 pm

I am applying for tier 1 extension. Currently on HSMP.

What should I fillin for the year of award under qualification. I had the exams passed on 2000 but the degree certficate was actually given to me during 2001 convocation. My degree certificate says I passed on April 2000 exams and at the end below the unitversity seal it says "Dated 6th jan 2001". So will the year of award be 2000 or 2001.

For duration of study the form asks for exact start date and end date. I don't remeber what I filled in my initial hsmp application. Is HO very strict on this?

niceguyinuk

Post by niceguyinuk » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:03 pm

i have a similar query...will the HO check all the details which was made in the previous applications like Post study work, student visa and HSMP initial applications?

ukvisaguru_co_uk

Post by ukvisaguru_co_uk » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:06 pm

@hsmphsmp: Year of Award will be 2000 as thats when you completed your Degree.

@niceguyinuk: HO can check all and every documents to verify if they want to clarify any doubts regarding your documents including calling your employers.

Hope this helps :)

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: HSMP -> Tier 1 extension Query on Qualification

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:06 pm

hsmphsmp wrote:I am applying for tier 1 extension. Currently on HSMP.

What should I fillin for the year of award under qualification. I had the exams passed on 2000 but the degree certficate was actually given to me during 2001 convocation. My degree certificate says I passed on April 2000 exams and at the end below the unitversity seal it says "Dated 6th jan 2001". So will the year of award be 2000 or 2001.

For duration of study the form asks for exact start date and end date. I don't remeber what I filled in my initial hsmp application. Is HO very strict on this?
You can put start of the month or any approximate date in that month.

hsmphsmp

Post by hsmphsmp » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:26 pm

Thank you all for the replies.