ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Request to review the documents for Tier 1 General

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

t1aspirant
Newly Registered

Request to review the documents for Tier 1 General

Post by t1aspirant » Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:26 pm

Hi All,

I am here in UK on my tier 2 Visa which is sponsered by my company. I am planning to file my application for Tier 1 General in the second week of Dec 2009 from UK itself.

Would request you all to review my document list below:

1. Passport
2. Application form (Tier 1 (General) - for applications made inside the United Kingdom)
3. Original documents (Marksheets, 10th, 12th, BSc and MCA )
4. Original Degree certificates (MCA, B.Sc)
5. 12 months Payslips from my current company
6. Form 16/ITR for last 2 years
7. Natwest Bank statements for last 3 months for maintenence funds (>= £2800)
8. 2 colour passport photographs (45 mm * 35 mm)

Please advise about additional or missing documents. Do I need to attach cover letters also or the application form will suffice? If cover letters are required, please help/post the cover letters formats. I searched in forum but they are old.

Thanks in advance. This forum is very helpful.

Regards,

ginger.garlic

Re: Request to review the documents for Tier 1 General

Post by ginger.garlic » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:13 am

t1aspirant wrote:Hi All,

I am here in UK on my tier 2 Visa which is sponsered by my company. I am planning to file my application for Tier 1 General in the second week of Dec 2009 from UK itself.

1. Passport
2. Application form (Tier 1 (General) - for applications made inside the United Kingdom)
3. Original documents (Marksheets, 10th, 12th, BSc and MCA )
6. Form 16/ITR for last 2 years
7. Natwest Bank statements for last 3 months for maintenence funds (>= £2800)

Please advise about additional or missing documents. Do I need to attach cover letters also or the application form will suffice? If cover letters are required, please help/post the cover letters formats. I searched in forum but they are old.

Regards,
Hi,
Some suggestions
-Before posting check home office site for the application form
- Only MCA Degree and last year transcript is ok for education points
- Original/Stamped payslips , possibly bank statement as two document for earnings .. form16 will not work as you are applying inside UK
- Although no where mentioned but if possible get English medium instruction certification from your gradution univeristy , you can easily get it.
- Cover letter is not mandatory but very important to put yourself in front of case worker, so provide cover letter.

hope this help

Wish you good luck

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:37 am

1. Passport
3. Original documents (Marksheets, 10th, 12th, BSc and MCA )- NOT REQUIRED
5.1 - Where is ur 2nd source of proof for Earning like BANKSTATEMENS for the above 12months?? - please read HO GUIDANCE or ask if in any doubt
6. Form 16/ITR for last 2 years - NOT Required
7. Natwest Bank statements for last 3 months for maintenence funds (>= £2800) - Please understand the rules of Maintenance funds like the lastest bankstatement shd be within 1month on the date you apply and funds during the last 3months should not fall below min required.. for 1main applicant 800£ and 533£each for dependents
9.Cover letter - Old is gold mate.. Check this link Chetan's courtsey - http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=46010
10. PBS Summary sheet

Regards,

saurya_s

Post by saurya_s » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:10 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:

1. Passport
3. Original documents (Marksheets, 10th, 12th, BSc and MCA )- NOT REQUIRED
5.1 - Where is ur 2nd source of proof for Earning like BANKSTATEMENS for the above 12months?? - please read HO GUIDANCE or ask if in any doubt
6. Form 16/ITR for last 2 years - NOT Required
7. Natwest Bank statements for last 3 months for maintenence funds (>= £2800) - Please understand the rules of Maintenance funds like the lastest bankstatement shd be within 1month on the date you apply and funds during the last 3months should not fall below min required.. for 1main applicant 800£ and 533£each for dependents
By this you mean: If i am applying on say 15th Nov, my bank statement should not be older than 15th October?

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:52 am

saurya_s wrote:By this you mean: If i am applying on say 15th Nov, my bank statement should not be older than 15th October?
Your Latest Bankstatement for MAINTENANCE FUNDS should fall with in 1month by the date you apply

If you are applying on 15th Nov.. latest date on your bankstatement should be no earlier than 16th October (to be safe side then saying 15th Oct, why take risk); hope it is clear..

t1aspirant
Newly Registered

Post by t1aspirant » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:20 pm

Thank you All,

I have couple of questions:

1. For 2nd source of proof I wanted to show FORM16 or ITR. Since I am here in UK, it is difficult to get a bank statement from HDFC Bank India here. The HO website also refers that you can show "official tax document". So I think FORM16 OR ITR should work. And the other thing is, I am getting the salary in India not here. I am getting per diem allowance here, means no recorded thing. This should be fine. Please suggest.

2. For maintenence funds. I have more than £2800 from 3rd Sep onwards. It means 3 months will be completed on 3rd Dec. I can take the statements on 4th or 5th Dec and file my application next week i.e. 7th or 8th Dec. Right!!

3. For maintenence funds, I have saved my allowance. So is this fine to show as a proof of maintence funds or do they care about the source of income?

4. Is it mandatory that the salary slip should be stamped?

Please help..Thanks in advance. You guys are amazing.

Regards,