ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advise on ILR application before it is sent off

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Josi
Newly Registered

Advise on ILR application before it is sent off

Post by Josi » Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:08 pm

I am married to a British citizen and am on the end of my 2 year LTR visa in the UK, i think i almost have everything i need for my ILR visa application complete, i just have a few questions yet.

Is there anyone that i can talk to or have check everything over just to make sure everything is complete, idealy for free? we have been calling around but they want a charge of £70!

Any advise would be helpful!

Thanks in advance.

z.yas
Newly Registered

Post by z.yas » Thu Nov 12, 2009 4:13 pm

I'd just list the questions here and see if the memebrs could help. Hope this helps.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:05 pm

List your concerns and queries here and we'll see if we can answer them ( free of charge of course) :)

Josi
Newly Registered

Post by Josi » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:53 pm

So my questions are:

My husband is self employed and has been for almost the whole 2 years of my visa, how do i do the finances bit if he dosent have an employer or payslips?

Another finance question is that we are claiming a third party that has been helping us out. They do not give regular monthly amounts, just help out when we need it. I have their bank statements also, do i need to do anything else?

Also i have had to get copies of my bank statements directly from the bank, they are copies but are not in the original format, are they going to be ok? I do have a letter from my bank explaining this and are signed by an official at the bank.

If anyone can help out with any of my questions, it would be much appreciated!

Thanks for your time.

:wink:

joh118

Post by joh118 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:20 pm

Josi wrote:So my questions are:

My husband is self employed and has been for almost the whole 2 years of my visa, how do i do the finances bit if he dosent have an employer or payslips?

Another finance question is that we are claiming a third party that has been helping us out. They do not give regular monthly amounts, just help out when we need it. I have their bank statements also, do i need to do anything else?

Also i have had to get copies of my bank statements directly from the bank, they are copies but are not in the original format, are they going to be ok? I do have a letter from my bank explaining this and are signed by an official at the bank.

If anyone can help out with any of my questions, it would be much appreciated!

Thanks for your time.

:wink:
You must remember that the only way of getting reliable advice is only through an OISC registered advisers. You best bet is in your local Citizens Advice Bureau for free.

However if you want some advice here, it is only guidance.

If you husband is self-employed, get Ltd company details (Certificate, VAT certificate, Invoices, Business Bank Statements, Tax vouchers, Dividend declaration forms, Business insurance) and any bank statements in his name with savings and any earnings.

For the third party, preferably, get a letter from them explaining the arrangements and also bank statements.

Your bank statements sounds fine as they are signed.

hope this is helpful

Josi
Newly Registered

Post by Josi » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:38 pm

Thanks Joh 118, very helpful advise. We have everything you suggested for the visa.

I will check out the Advise Bureau, i did think about that but i didnt know it was free.

Thanks again

:)

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:50 am

When the initial 2 year spouse visa was issued you were unable to include 3rd party financial support...and I believe you will find this is the same for SET(M).
If your husband doesn't have a Limited Company (where he would be receiving pay as an employee), submit copies of his self-assessment tax returns and business bank account statements.
You've passed the Life in the UK test?
Unfortunately the Citizens Advice Bureau staff aren't trained in Immigration Law and may well mislead you, even if they have the best intentions.

dan_N
Newly Registered

Post by dan_N » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:25 pm

Hi Casa - this is Josi's husband here - she's currently at work so i'm on visa duty :lol:

Ok - so the business is Limited, i think i receive dividends as a director - although my brother (the other director) generally deals with the accounting issues.

We're still in the early stages of setting up the business so we're a bit disorganised. It's a web design/development company.

Since it's early days i have yet to pay myself a lot of money so i think i need to show money that's owed to us, and money that remains in the business aswell?

To further complicate matters we do not currently have a business account per se, we use a current account set up in my brothers name!

I do have copies of all those statements, a list of monies owed to us, a list annual service level agreement contracts, company certification that lists me as a director, full accounts for the company. i can provide copies of invoices & contracts if need be.

when we submitted our application we were allowed to present 3rd party financial support. i find the advice about this matter a bit misleading on the UKBA site - and on the form it says

"The documents showing the finances available to you and to any person supporting you should cover at least the last 3 months. "

please help - i am superbly confused!

thanks

:D

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:42 pm

Hi.
I believe you'll find that you (as the sponsor) are the 'other person providing funds'...ie. applicants income/savings + spouse's. Someone may correct me on this.
If it helps, for SET(M) the focus is more on showing that you're living together in a continuing relationship. You'll need to submit your Limited Company accounts + bank statements. Do you need to show the 3rd party funds?
Life in the UK test???

Josi
Newly Registered

Post by Josi » Thu Nov 19, 2009 7:17 pm

Hi Casa,

Thanks for all the advise, i was at work today so my husband was taking over for a bit and managed to get us an in person appointment for my visa instead of the mail option to save on the time they would have our passports.

I have taken my life in the uk test and passed. so that is all good.

Not really sure about the 3rd party thing, its a bit misleading as far as i can understand it!

Hopefully we can get more feedback before saturday as thats when my appointment is.

Thanks again!

Josi
Newly Registered

Post by Josi » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:07 pm

Thank you to everyone that helped us out, all went well and my application was sucessful!

Thanks again!

z.yas
Newly Registered

Post by z.yas » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:13 pm

Josi wrote:Thank you to everyone that helped us out, all went well and my application was sucessful!

Thanks again!

Congratulations! :)