ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for PSW, Passport Expiring in 2010

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DrFixit

Applying for PSW, Passport Expiring in 2010

Post by DrFixit » Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:27 pm

Thanks for reading, i am going to apply for PSW in 2 weeks time, it would be 2 years visa ending nov/dec 2011, however, my passport is expiring in Sept 2010. Now, should i first apply for new passport or go ahead with PSW and when my passport is near to expire i get the new passport? Help will be appreciated.

nil75

Post by nil75 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 2:35 pm

i think you should go for your PSW now when your PP will expire in next year in sept then apply for new passport and keep both PP with you for any further visa because your pp still got time to expire and i dont think your home country will renew your pp 10 months before...

this is only my suggestion......wait for others opinion..........

Jack_Hammer
BANNED

Post by Jack_Hammer » Thu Nov 12, 2009 8:04 pm

Apply for for PSW visa first and then re-new your passport next year. You can either have the two passports together or you have the option to relocate your visa to your new passport later but you will pay for this service. Personally, I went through the same thing. There is no problem to have your valid visa on an expired passport if you don't want to transfer it to the new one.
________
Ferruccio Lamborghini Specifications