ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Query regarding accomodation

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dhana
Newly Registered

Query regarding accomodation

Post by dhana » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:10 am

I dont have anybody whom I know in London so I don't know how to go about finding accomodation. I can stay in hotel but thats too expensive. What is the best way to go about this. Should I put up in a hotel for say 10 days and then actively search for flat mates or are the online advertisements trustworthy that I can send them money and ask them to hold their apartments for me.
Could somebody who has experienced a similiar problem kindly guide me.

lbfrancois

Post by lbfrancois » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:17 pm

I think the best option is to stay at a shared accomodation (flatshare) untill you find yourself a job. You can start browsing for flatmates online and make arrangements for your arrival. I think you might be able to pay for your stay when you get there, it all should be talked through with your flatmate.

This is a good site for seeking accomodation: http://uk.easyroommate.com/

Good Luck!
LBF

amhilde

Post by amhilde » Thu Jul 21, 2005 3:32 pm

try getting the free paper Loot- but you have to get it very early at the newsagents because they sell out quick. You can also get an idea of the cost if you go to the online site loot.co.uk. Lots of people are looking for roommates in there too.

Leo_Swan

Post by Leo_Swan » Thu Jul 21, 2005 4:02 pm

Another good site to look at is http://www.gumtree.com All the best in your search.