ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employee paid by cash - how to prove?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lemonpie
Newly Registered

Employee paid by cash - how to prove?

Post by lemonpie » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:03 pm

Hi there, if one employee has been paid by cash by his employer, is there any other documents that he can provide as a 2nd proof of his income? He has got his payslips and letter from employer, but no bank statements as he hasnt paid in all monies to his bank every month. Would UKBA accept a letter from the employer's accountant, affidavit? Any ideas? Can he ask for a tax document from Inland Revenue? thanks

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Re: Employee paid by cash - how to prove?

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:51 am

lemonpie wrote:Hi there, if one employee has been paid by cash by his employer, is there any other documents that he can provide as a 2nd proof of his income? He has got his payslips and letter from employer, but no bank statements as he hasnt paid in all monies to his bank every month. Would UKBA accept a letter from the employer's accountant, affidavit? Any ideas? Can he ask for a tax document from Inland Revenue? thanks
unfortunately, you need 2 different sources to prove earnings and the second being bank statmements, if you don't have it then you will not be able to convince the case worker. Do you not deposit the cash into your bank account. If yes then you can cross reference them with pay slips otherwise no chance.

ukvisaguru_co_uk

Post by ukvisaguru_co_uk » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:08 pm

As HO requires two evidences, then I would submit following

1. Payslips
2. Letter from Employer with payslips, gross income and net income details plus mentioning that you were paid salary in Cash
3. Letter from accountant again confirming above.

This will be sufficient.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:47 pm

ukvisaguru_co_uk wrote:As HO requires two evidences, then I would submit following

1. Payslips
2. Letter from Employer with payslips, gross income and net income details plus mentioning that you were paid salary in Cash

This will be sufficient.
@UKVisaGuru
HO requires 2 Evidences from DIFFERENT SOURCES... i think the above 3 will be from the same source (employer)..

please check HO Guidance page 27 paragraph 142
142. These examples are not the only combination of documents we will accept for each employment type and an applicant can use other combinations of documents, providing these meet the requirements of the ‘documents required’ section above:
Employees who receive a salary:
A salaried employee could provide a combination of:
personal bank statements covering the full • 12-month earnings period;
and either:
payslips for the full 12-month earnings • period; or
a letter from their employer.•
(We consider that payslips and letters from an employer are from the same source and an applicant should therefore not provide a combination of these two types of document.)
@lemonpie:

the employee will be able to claim wat ever money he has deposited in his bank which can be crossed checked/confirmed by payslips or employer letter...
Few questions come up are:

will he qualify with the amount he deposited in bank/canbe cross checked?

more info will be useful..

wait for other seniors to comment on this..

innocentdevil
Diamond Member

Post by innocentdevil » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:43 pm

i had a very detailed discussion to HO Call centre advisor on this matter for one of my friends who had the same issue. All she told was that it is up the case worker but the chances are not good because you are supposed to provide 2 different sources of earnings.

its up to you to take chances, we can only advise you the best

ukvisaguru_co_uk

Post by ukvisaguru_co_uk » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:49 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
ukvisaguru_co_uk wrote:As HO requires two evidences, then I would submit following

1. Payslips

This will be sufficient.
@UKVisaGuru
HO requires 2 Evidences from DIFFERENT SOURCES... i think the above 3 will be from the same source (employer)..

Letter from Accountant is from a different source and that will work. The point here is that he was paid through CASH, so no Bank involvement comes in this scenario.

Let me clear the confusion: You put your payslips, then a letter from Employer stating that you were paid cash plus details of your salaries on employer leatter head and then a letter from an independent accountant giving your salary details (preferably not employer's accountant, but it can be same as any accountant in this country works on the rules laid by Chartered Accountants institute not the employer)

please check HO Guidance page 27 paragraph 142
142. These examples are not the only combination of documents we will accept for each employment type and an applicant can use other combinations of documents, providing these meet the requirements of the ‘documents required’ section above:
Employees who receive a salary:
A salaried employee could provide a combination of:
personal bank statements covering the full • 12-month earnings period;
and either:
payslips for the full 12-month earnings • period; or
a letter from their employer.•
(We consider that payslips and letters from an employer are from the same source and an applicant should therefore not provide a combination of these two types of document.)
@lemonpie:

the employee will be able to claim wat ever money he has deposited in his bank which can be crossed checked/confirmed by payslips or employer letter...
Few questions come up are:

will he qualify with the amount he deposited in bank/canbe cross checked?

more info will be useful..

wait for other seniors to comment on this..

HSK Accountancy Services

Post by HSK Accountancy Services » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:05 am

This will be sufficient.
@UKvisaguru- I think the question asked was for salaried employee and not self-employed. If he is salaried employed then he does not require an accountant.

Neither I (an independent accountant) will have sufficient evidence to varify his claim and give letter for home office.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

ukvisaguru_co_uk

Post by ukvisaguru_co_uk » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:11 am

HSK Accountancy Services wrote:

This will be sufficient.
@UKvisaguru- I think the question asked was for salaried employee and not self-employed. If he is salaried employed then he does not require an accountant.

Neither I (an independent accountant) will have sufficient evidence to varify his claim and give letter for home office.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
When I applied for HSMP (converted from Working Holiday), I gave my payslips, P45 & P60 and employee letter to an accountant in Reading, who saw all the papers and gave a letter in the name of Home Office confirming that I earned xxx amount of pounds in last 12 months.

The reason this person is posting the question in this forum is to find solution with the help of other people who have been through or seen such situations.

Instead of proving anyone wrong, let us all focus on getting this guy a viable solution.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:00 pm

1. Payslips

This will be sufficient.

Acctn letter will not help in employment income , yes sefl empoyed than other requiremt to be met.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:23 pm

ukvisaguru_co_uk wrote:
The reason this person is posting the question in this forum is to find solution with the help of other people who have been through or seen such situations.

Instead of proving anyone wrong, let us all focus on getting this guy a viable solution.
@UKvGuru..

Appreaciate your efforts n goal but until n unless you are 100% sure better give safe than sorry resulted advices.. no offence meant..

Like SUSHIL N HSK consultancy..

I also felt the same as below

==================

Acctn letter will not help in employment income , yes sefl empoyed than other requiremt to be met.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:59 pm

tvn_ramesh wrote:
ukvisaguru_co_uk wrote:

@UKvGuru..

Appreaciate your efforts n goal but until n unless you are 100% sure better give safe than sorry resulted advices.. no offence meant..

Like SUSHIL N HSK consultancy..

I also felt the same as below

==================

Carry on in good sprit , plus and minus r part of life and same in advising