ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

appeal papers. please advice

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hmm

appeal papers. please advice

Post by hmm » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:18 pm

Does the applicant needs to sign the appeal form AIT-2 or anything? can the sponsor or the legal representative sign on the applicant's behalf.
The settelement application has been refused and we'd like to lodge the appeal in the UK.

We'd like to apply for a review by a senior ECO official as we believe the ECO officer who made the decision didn't see or read some of the documents we sent. He put wrong currency and exchange rate, the applicant is in India where he made the application. So the currency should have been indian rupees with exchange rate £1 = Rs 75 but the officer wrote down of th refusal document that sri lankan rupees, exchange rate £1 = Rs182. for what reason, we have no idea....
how do we apply for a review of the application?

Please advice.

Many thanks.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:58 am

If your spouse is refused by an ECO, (you the sponsor in the UK)need to complete the AIT2form stating why you think the ECO has made the wrong decision in refusing your spouse applicants.

Write down your reasons clearly, and concisely as to why you disagree with his decisions.Send any documentary proof you have to support your argument.

You the sponsor need to sign the form, not the applicant. Send teh form back to the BHC post where you applied or AIT in UK within 28 days of teh day you were handed refusal notice.

Upon receipt the ECM will review decision in view of your submission.He will the decide whether to grant visa or not. If not then matter will be dealt with by AIT at a appeal hearing

Hope this helps

limeandlimpid
Newly Registered

Post by limeandlimpid » Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:13 pm

Hi hmm,
they have made the same mistake on my rejection (srilankan nationaly when I am not!), and it also looks like they did not look at a couple of docs i submitted.... may i ask the outcome of your appeal? was it reviewed by the post ..successfully? Also did you ask for a review of application or did you directly appeal and hope it was reviewed?
Thanks!

hmm

Post by hmm » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:06 pm

limeandlimpid wrote:Hi hmm,
they have made the same mistake on my rejection (srilankan nationaly when I am not!), and it also looks like they did not look at a couple of docs i submitted.... may i ask the outcome of your appeal? was it reviewed by the post ..successfully? Also did you ask for a review of application or did you directly appeal and hope it was reviewed?
Thanks!
Did you apply in Chennai?
All the visa applications from Sri Lanka goes to Chennai to be processed as there is no British embassy in Sri lanka. It was probably because the applications from Chennai and Sri Lanka are processed in the same place. It is clearly showinng that the officer over looked the application, passport and documents. Isn't it?

We wrote to the ECM for reconsideration and also filled the appeal in the UK. Not expecting the appeal hearing anytime soon. It is a time consuming process.
The application willbe reviewed by ECM as partof the apppeal process too.