ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Masters for 2nd extension?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MJNair

Masters for 2nd extension?

Post by MJNair » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:07 pm

I arrived in the UK 1 month from my HSMP visa start date. I just got an extension for 3 years on Tier 1. This still makes me 1 month short of the 5 year ILR/Temp Citizenship requirement. Even if I consider the 5 years minus 28 days rule for ILR eligibility I am still 3 days short.

I only have a Bachelors degree. My original HSMP & recent Tier 1 extension is based on the Bachelors degree. So when I go for my 2nd extension to cover the 3 days, would I need to have a Masters by then provided the rules do not undergo another major overhaul?

I am guessing that I wouldn't have to have a Masters since my previous grant to stay would be based on Bachelors.

Please let me know what you think.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Masters for 2nd extension?

Post by ChetanOjha » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:21 pm

MJNair wrote: I am guessing that I wouldn't have to have a Masters since my previous grant to stay would be based on Bachelors.

Yes that's correct. You don;t need to have masters degree for extension if you were granted initial visa on bachelors degree.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: Masters for 2nd extension?

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:12 pm

chetanojha wrote:
MJNair wrote: I am guessing that I wouldn't have to have a Masters since my previous grant to stay would be based on Bachelors.

Yes that's correct. You don;t need to have masters degree for extension if you were granted initial visa on bachelors degree.

if you required (you may be looks) than u have to meet pt criteria of that time to get extn. it is long time - just relax for time bieng