ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Poll for Onlie Booking facility from BIA

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Online booking facility from BIA (https://ukbabooking.homeoffice.gov.uk/ukba/index.start). Did any body find it useful?

Poll ended at Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:13 pm

You were able to book on your first login!
17%
Your were able to book on Tuesday morning!
No votes
You were not able to book an appointment, after trying 'n' number of times
25%
You feel that this facility is a waste of energy and planned to post/courier your application
58%

Total votes: 12

vks

Poll for Onlie Booking facility from BIA

Post by vks » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:13 pm

We see that there is a facility available for the public to book on-line appointments for VISA processing. I tried to book, but did not succeed for almost 4 weeks. As per suggestions from forum members, I have tried even around mid-night Tuesday, when the next week slots will be released. I was able to see that next week is release, but no slots available for me to book.
I also had experience, when this facility was first available for public use, I was able to see few slots available, but not now in any of the offices.

So I though to find that if at-all it was useful for anyone here.
Regards,
vks

vks

Post by vks » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:14 pm

Not sure if some one saw this!
Regards,
vks

luckie
Newly Registered

Post by luckie » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:36 am

even i have been looking to book an appoinment for last 2 weeks..nothing available at all...a month ago i remmeber seeing few slots at least...

now not a single thing...mmmm..
don't know what's happening..

vks

Post by vks » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:48 am

luckie wrote:even i have been looking to book an appoinment for last 2 weeks..nothing available at all...a month ago i remmeber seeing few slots at least...

now not a single thing...mmmm..
don't know what's happening..
Yea, I learnt that there are two different system, this web based system and the one when you call them over the phone.

It was surprising to hear that these two systems were different.

Also, one has to wait for 10 to 20 minutes before one can get connected to the phone line, which is also 0870 number (costs dearer)
Regards,
vks

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:27 pm

vks wrote:Yea, I learnt that there are two different system, this web based system and the one when you call them over the phone.

It was surprising to hear that these two systems were different.

Also, one has to wait for 10 to 20 minutes before one can get connected to the phone line, which is also 0870 number (costs dearer)
I would say "THREE" different systems:

1. Phone --- Works after significant efforts.
2. Online (Web) --- Tried a lot but never worked for me.
3. Agents -- Always works if you are happy to spend extra money in this "Tier-1 Industry"

vks

Post by vks » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:35 pm

chetanojha wrote:
vks wrote: 3. Agents -- Always works if you are happy to spend extra money in this "Tier-1 Industry"
How does the agents get the process done in a day? Do they have a special quota?
Regards,
vks

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:39 pm

vks wrote:
How does the agents get the process done in a day? Do they have a special quota?
That's what it seems.

gia_a
Newly Registered

agent booking

Post by gia_a » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:11 am

hi vks,

yes, agents have a different route for booking appointments. ukba opens appointments for the week on a monday and each agent can book 1 appointment per day.

also, they can book cancelled appointments. all they have to do is email ukba to check for new/cancelled appointments.

thats why, even in this adversity of appointments, most agents can give a guarantee for appointments :(

its really unfair of ukba to shell out money from our pockets - either directly or via agents..

Gia

vks

Re: agent booking

Post by vks » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:59 am

gia_a wrote:hi vks,

yes, agents have a different route for booking appointments. ukba opens appointments for the week on a monday and each agent can book 1 appointment per day.

also, they can book cancelled appointments. all they have to do is email ukba to check for new/cancelled appointments.

thats why, even in this adversity of appointments, most agents can give a guarantee for appointments :(

its really unfair of ukba to shell out money from our pockets - either directly or via agents..

Gia
Finally UK BIA increases the fees for providing such a wonderful facility!
Regards,
vks