ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous Earning: Employed / Self Employed Query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

alimohmand

Previous Earning: Employed / Self Employed Query

Post by alimohmand » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:15 am

Hello seniors / Guru’s / Applicants:

I am currently planning to apply for Tier 1 General and I am currently on Tier 1 PSW my leave under Tier 1 PSW expires by the end of August 2010.

Previous Earning Dilemma:

Scenario 1:

I am currently employed by a company due to the fact I work on Shift Rota I have plenty of days to play around and do small contract works.
My Employment Scenario is very clear as I get paid monthly which goes straight into my Bank and I do have my Payslips etc as supporting documents.

Scenario 2:

I have recently applied to HMRC for Self Employed Registration. I am still waiting for them to confirm any documentation etc.

I am now running two contracts
1- One is looking after Servers for one of my clients and I am
already paid for the whole of the year via BACS.

2- The second contract was assigned very recently and I am
being paid on Monthly basis for the initial 6 months which will
then be reviewed and hopefully will be moved to either a
quarterly or a yearly contract.

First Scenario is very straight forward I can show my income from my employer and match it in my Bank Statement.

Coming down to my second scenario the first contract is fine as I can get a copy of invoice and show that in the bank statement as well as confirming the amount received for the contract.

But confusion revolves around my second contract where I am being paid monthly and it’s on Cash Basis for the time being. I do put that money into my account each and every month normally in the first week of the month.

Conclusion:

I have now two options either I wait till March and only show my employment as one source and claim the required points

OR

I can apply now with the help of these contracts and support my application I would be in a position to claim enough points to be considered for Tier 1 General.

Please advise on the documents that I may require fulfilling The Required Previous Earning Points as I would like to apply in 2009 rather than 2010 or if seniors would suggest a best possible resolution without confusing the caseworker.

Is an accountant recommended for my scenario as I plan to show my contract earnings from July till November?

I would like to claim points for earning from March till November instead of twelve months which would incorporate both my contract work as well as my paid employment.

Thanks in advance and apologies for the long Essay.
Kindest Regards,
Ali

alimohmand

Post by alimohmand » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:29 am

hmmm 37 views no posts:(*

Hamid123
Newly Registered

Self employed

Post by Hamid123 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:35 pm

I have same visa (PSW)

I have full time work the money goes to my account and i have payslips.

For the part time work I registered as a self employed bez i am working as daxi driver which is cash work.

I am earning from full time job about 20000 and as self employee still didnt account it.......... how much money i have need and bit confused how money should be in bez its all cash work. I am 32 years old.

As for I know for registeration as a self employed you dont need any document to proof. just fill the form online or call for form request or visit to HMRC centre which should be allocated in your area.

When you submitted the form right after two and half month they will send you a bill for three months. On the top of the bill you will get self employee registration no. which one you have needed when you will apply or when you will go to your accountant for tax deduction thats all.

In your last Secenario the money should be in your account in end of every month and accountant will show your income in april or before ending year........ thats why yu register as a self employed.

Dasavathar

Post by Dasavathar » Mon Nov 30, 2009 12:27 pm

Hi Ali,

Its better u to file the application with the help of lawyer. Because, normally in self employment you may miss some document which may be mandatory. Better file the application through solicitor.

alimohmand

Post by alimohmand » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:02 pm

Hi Thanks for the advise, I am also looking into that avenue though I d like to make sure that everything is in place before I apply.

email257525
BANNED

HI

Post by email257525 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:21 pm

No Idea,
How u can play arround,
wait for the seniors

Seniors plz

Hamid123
Newly Registered

Post by Hamid123 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:35 pm

Ok wait for senior

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Re: Previous Earning: Employed / Self Employed Query

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:51 pm

alimohmand wrote:Hello seniors / Guru’s / Applicants:

I am currently planning to apply for Tier 1 General and I am currently on Tier 1 PSW my leave under Tier 1 PSW expires by the end of August 2010.

Previous Earning Dilemma:

Scenario 1:

I am currently employed by a company due to the fact I work on Shift Rota I have plenty of days to play around and do small contract works.
My Employment Scenario is very clear as I get paid monthly which goes straight into my Bank and I do have my Payslips etc as supporting documents.

IF U R in employment u need to show payslips and bk statements

for contract work - u need

2 of three mentioned below

1 Buiness accts
2. sales summary
3. earning certifiaction

Scenario 2:

I have recently applied to HMRC for Self Employed Registration. I am still waiting for them to confirm any documentation etc.

I am now running two contracts
1- One is looking after Servers for one of my clients and I am
already paid for the whole of the year via BACS.

2- The second contract was assigned very recently and I am
being paid on Monthly basis for the initial 6 months which will
then be reviewed and hopefully will be moved to either a
quarterly or a yearly contract.

First Scenario is very straight forward I can show my income from my employer and match it in my Bank Statement.

Coming down to my second scenario the first contract is fine as I can get a copy of invoice and show that in the bank statement as well as confirming the amount received for the contract.

But confusion revolves around my second contract where I am being paid monthly and it’s on Cash Basis for the time being. I do put that money into my account each and every month normally in the first week of the month.

Conclusion:

I have now two options either I wait till March and only show my employment as one source and claim the required points

OR

I can apply now with the help of these contracts and support my application I would be in a position to claim enough points to be considered for Tier 1 General.

Please advise on the documents that I may require fulfilling The Required Previous Earning Points as I would like to apply in 2009 rather than 2010 or if seniors would suggest a best possible resolution without confusing the caseworker.

Is an accountant recommended for my scenario as I plan to show my contract earnings from July till November?

I would like to claim points for earning from March till November instead of twelve months which would incorporate both my contract work as well as my paid employment.

Thanks in advance and apologies for the long Essay.
Kindest Regards,
Ali