ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SCMHRD (Symbiosis Centre for Mgmt & HRD) Pune equivalenc

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

saara
Newly Registered

SCMHRD (Symbiosis Centre for Mgmt & HRD) Pune equivalenc

Post by saara » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:46 am

HI all
Just wanted to ask you all if PGDM from SCMHRD , Pune in 2005, which is now under SIU and a degree, is considered as an equivalent to a MBA degree ?

Your comments and suggestions would be appreciated

npanglia

Re: SCMHRD (Symbiosis Centre for Mgmt & HRD) Pune equiva

Post by npanglia » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:53 pm

saara wrote:HI all
Just wanted to ask you all if PGDM from SCMHRD , Pune in 2005, which is now under SIU and a degree, is considered as an equivalent to a MBA degree ?

Your comments and suggestions would be appreciated
No, Unfortunately it is not equivalent to Masters Degree as considered by NARIC.
I am also a pass out of SIIB in 2006 and got my equivalance from NARIC and they have compared it equivalent to British Pist graduate diploma.
I appealed back to them considering the degree that SIU offers now including letter from institute.

Naric dint change their decision and have asked if AICTE or AIU can provide letter of equivalence to MBA , then they can reconsider.

We (incld. other alumni) have raised the same concern to our director and have requested to speak to vice chancellor of SIU to take some action.

I believe if you can approach your institute it will add pressure for them to act.

saara
Newly Registered

Post by saara » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:49 pm

We appealed to NARIC and provided all the possible references and letters n they have provided us with a letter now which states that the degree is an equivalent to the masters degree . Hope you get the same too...but my concern is would HC accept the results of NARIC?

IMBerocca
Newly Registered

Post by IMBerocca » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:00 pm

If they will not accept the result of NARIC then whose will they accept.

IF NARIC letter clearly shows thats its equivalent to NARIC then HO will easily accept it.

npanglia

Post by npanglia » Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:13 am

saara wrote:We appealed to NARIC and provided all the possible references and letters n they have provided us with a letter now which states that the degree is an equivalent to the masters degree . Hope you get the same too...but my concern is would HC accept the results of NARIC?
Please let me know what all refrences and letters were being provided while making an appeal to NARIC. This seems to be a ray of hope for me.

npanglia

Post by npanglia » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:12 am

saara wrote:We appealed to NARIC and provided all the possible references and letters n they have provided us with a letter now which states that the degree is an equivalent to the masters degree . Hope you get the same too...but my concern is would HC accept the results of NARIC?
Hi saara,
I spoke to my institute as well as university and they mentioned that no such letter has been issued to SCMHRD in the past and asked me to produce a copy of letter, if issued to SCHMRD.

Is it possible to send me the scanned copy of the letter from university issued to you.

Your help will be highly appreciated.