ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Married to a French National, want to come and study in UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rob7dan
Newly Registered

Married to a French National, want to come and study in UK

Post by rob7dan » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:37 pm

Hi Guys,

I’m Sri Lankan, married to a French National ( she was Sri Lankan before ) she got her French nationality in 2008. after living in france for 11 years. We got married in 2008 2 months after she got her nationality. Anyway Now I’m in France joined with my Wife. and I obtained my temporary 6 months resident card in France.
My Questions are

I Want to go and study in UK and do my Masters Degree
( I have studied in UK before and got my BA(hons ) from a UK UNI )
Can i apply from the UK embassy in France and travel to UK and commence my Masters Degree?

Can I bring my French wife to UK with me ? Can she work ? Can we settle down in UK in long run ?

your advice will really help me.

Thank in advance,

pdykid

Post by pdykid » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:22 pm

Hi,

Rob7dan,

Your wife can work as she is a French national (EEA citizen).
You can come WITH her and settle here.
After come to UK, you can apply for your master degree as spouse of EEA citizen.

To come here, you need to apply for EEA family permit (FREE – valid for 6 months) from British high commission Paris.
https://www.visainfoservices.com/Pages/ ... lcome_PAGE

After come to UK, you need to apply for EEA2 (its residence card for UK – valid for 5 years)

Hope this will help…

rob7dan
Newly Registered

Post by rob7dan » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:08 pm

pdykid wrote:Hi,

Rob7dan,

Your wife can work as she is a French national (EEA citizen).
You can come WITH her and settle here.
After come to UK, you can apply for your master degree as spouse of EEA citizen.

To come here, you need to apply for EEA family permit (FREE – valid for 6 months) from British high commission Paris.
https://www.visainfoservices.com/Pages/ ... lcome_PAGE

After come to UK, you need to apply for EEA2 (its residence card for UK – valid for 5 years)

Hope this will help…

THANKA:)