ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work permit to ILR in 4 years!

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

somavija
Newly Registered

Work permit to ILR in 4 years!

Post by somavija » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:37 pm

Dear All,

I am a doctor on a work permit and did not qualify for ILR in 4 years(as promised) but after 5 years. I thus ended up paying international fees at University for my son and continue to do so. The HSMP forum won the judicial review in April 2009 which was applicable retrospectively from April 2006.

I have since met my MP and was advised to seek legal advice. We now need to seek advice from a Barrister which will cost between £500-1000. The Barrister will be able to advise whether we should file a judicial review like the HSMP forum.

The e petition to 10, Downing Street which had over 1000 signatures yielded an unsatisfactory response.

I appeal to all those affected financially and otherwise to contribute to this cause for us to take it further. It is an unfair, retrospective and discriminatory decision against work permit holders!

I look forward to taking this further and having a successful outcome.

ND

z.yas
Newly Registered

Post by z.yas » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:08 pm

I like your enthusiasm, but just not sure what's the desired outcome... is it making them changing the timelines back to four years, or making good your financial loss.

somavija
Newly Registered

Post by somavija » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:11 pm

Both!

z.yas
Newly Registered

Post by z.yas » Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:53 am

somavija wrote:Both!
Good luck!