ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

spouse dependant VISA passport name

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

adnantps

spouse dependant VISA passport name

Post by adnantps » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:38 pm

I am applying for my wifes tier1 dependant visa in pakistan; her current passport has a valid green card stamped on it.

I currently dotn want to change her name or modify her passport; i do hv all other proofs of marriage.

How much it is important to change the passport to include wife of or change the surname; its not a requirement stated any where but any one knws any case where VISA is rejected because passport doesnt have husbands name or surnama?
adnan

Master_Blaster

Post by Master_Blaster » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:01 pm

As long as your wife's name in your marriage certificate matches that in her passport, you should be fine.

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Mon Nov 16, 2009 12:12 pm

Why will it be rejected when ur wifes name and ur name is there in ur marriage certificate.

As long as ur names in marriage certificate r same as the one in passport
then nthng to worry. They will accept 100%.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: spouse dependant VISA passport name

Post by ChetanOjha » Mon Nov 16, 2009 1:58 pm

adnantps wrote:I am applying for my wifes tier1 dependant visa in pakistan; her current passport has a valid green card stamped on it.

I currently dotn want to change her name or modify her passport; i do hv all other proofs of marriage.

How much it is important to change the passport to include wife of or change the surname; its not a requirement stated any where but any one knws any case where VISA is rejected because passport doesnt have husbands name or surnama?
You will be fine even without changing her name on passport.

seanjoe
Mood:
United States of America

Post by seanjoe » Mon Nov 16, 2009 2:15 pm

adnantps wrote:I am applying for my wifes tier1 dependant visa in pakistan; her current passport has a valid green card stamped on it.

If you are writing about a "green card", your post is in the wrong country forum - the UK does not have a "green card" system.
sean

adnantps

Post by adnantps » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:53 pm

Nops i was only referring to teh case where i dnt want her green card to be disrupted because of name change.. thats why im relectant to chng the name or modify her passport...

thanx for the responses
seanjoe wrote:

If you are writing about a "green card", your post is in the wrong country forum - the UK does not have a "green card" system.
adnan

email257525
BANNED

Hi

Post by email257525 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:09 pm

It is quite common, when husbund is sponsoring her wife and applying her dependant visa. He wants her name on passport to be changed.

But there is no as such requirements by the British high commission or Home Office.

People just do it to strengthen their case that they are genuine married couple.

You will be alright as long as you can prove and provide evidence that you both are married.