ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Finance questions (tricky one)

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Joelm2400
Newly Registered

Spouse Visa Finance questions (tricky one)

Post by Joelm2400 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:27 am

First off I want to say that this message board has been an invaluable resource for figuring out what to do. Secondly I apologize if this one is a bit long, but it is a bit complicated.

Now for some quick back story. I went out to the UK for a visit last May and fell in love with someone and decided to stay until my tourist visa ran out (left a week or so before it did). We went through a lot, and after everything we decided that the best thing to do to stay together is to get married. Now both her and I were married before and in the divorce process (hers is done Dec 7th and mine should be finished in the next couple of weeks).

Now here comes the tricky part. While I was there we were living off of the money she had in the bank (from a combination of a personal loan and some savings she had). Now that I am back we have both run out of money (she is into her overdraft) and we are both frantically searching for work, her in the UK and me here in the US. My mother just recently said she is willing to give us a loan to put in the bank if it will help with the visa process. She has an interview for a good job next week and if she gets it she will have enough money to meet and exceed the minimum monthly income requirements for my visa. At this point the plan is for her to come out here around Christmas and get married in vegas and then she goes back to the UK and we start the visa process.

So here are my questions:

1) If she does get this job, will it matter that the bank statements show her in overdraft in the past few months?

2) Does it help if I have a decent job out here and some money in savings (thanks to my mothers generous gift), and do the income requirements take into account my ability to find a job if the visa is granted?

3) Would it help anything if I got a personal loan to help with costs of flights and such in the meantime?

4) Does her having a flat-mate who pays half the rent (its a 2 bedroom flat) take away from the monthly expenditures for visa purposes?

I think those are all my questions for now. As you can see money is the big issue for us at the moment. And we both are willing to do anything it takes to be together.

I do want to thank everyone again for being such a big help to me already in sheer amount of material for research. Hopefully with your help my fiancee an I can figure this one out.

Joel[/quote]