ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous Earnings : Payslip & Bank Statements

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

emailme
Newly Registered

Previous Earnings : Payslip & Bank Statements

Post by emailme » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:13 pm

Hello All,

Could you please help me sorting out my case for tier-1 (general) application.

The issue is with the previous earnings and it is genuine case.

The issue is my employer has transferred my OT along with the salary but did not show it in the payslips. The gross income is meeting the band and gaining enough points for the previous earnings. So, I have 4 payslips mismatching with the bank statements and just wondering how can I proceed with it further. I tried getting a letter from the employer giving the clarification but in vain.

I am producing payslips & bank statements issued by the employer for the period of Oct '08 til Sept '09 out of which 4 payslips are mismatching. I have the P60 for the period of April 08 - March '09. Please help.

Petetioner

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: Previous Earnings : Payslip & Bank Statements mismat

Post by mvent00 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:17 pm

What is the reason of mismatch? If nothing works out, may be you just need to explain about it in cover letter. P60 + Bank statements would also be okay, if they corroborate each other for the claimed period.
emailme wrote:Hello All,

Could you please help me sorting out my case for tier-1 (general) application.

The issue is with the previous earnings.

I have 4 payslips mismatching with the bank statements and just wondering how can I proceed with it further. I tried getting a letter from the employer giving the clarification but in vain.

I am producing payslips & bank statements from the employer for the period of Oct '08 til Sept '09 out of which 4 payslips are mismatching. I have the P60 for the period of April 08 - March '09. Please help.

Petetioner

emailme
Newly Registered

Post by emailme » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:19 pm

Thanks for replying.

The issue is with the previous earnings and it is a genuine case.

The issue is, my employer has transferred my OT along with the salary but did not show it in the payslips. The gross income is meeting the band and gaining enough points for the previous earnings. So, I have 4 payslips like this mismatching with the bank statements and just wondering how can I proceed with it further. I tried getting a letter from the employer giving the clarification but in vain.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:26 pm

emailme wrote:
The issue is, my employer has transferred my OT along with the salary but did not show it in the payslips.
OT is taxable and need to be shown in salary slip, I don't know, why it is not shown in your case. Which is illegal , I assume.

emailme
Newly Registered

Post by emailme » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:32 pm

I know, but how to proceed further in this case. I have a P60 which covers from Apr '08 to March '09, and the tax has been taken care by the employer i believe in this. So, how can I put this thing in the covering letter to explain this mismatch.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:33 pm

Or else just get a letter from your employer stating the total gross and net income of your claimed period. This should be fine with bank statements.

emailme
Newly Registered

Post by emailme » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:35 pm

I know, but thats the tought thing getting a letter from the employer. Please suggest me if I have any other option without contacting them. Do you think it will get rejected on this basis ?

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:38 pm

emailme wrote:I know, but how to proceed further in this case. I have a P60 which covers from Apr '08 to March '09, and the tax has been taken care by the employer i believe in this. So, how can I put this thing in the covering letter to explain this mismatch.
p60 is useful, only when claim period is period shown on p60, which is not true in your case. As mentioned already , get a letter from employer stating gross and net salary over claim period(ofcourse inlcuding OT). Otherwise, it won't corraborate with bank statements.

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:40 pm

emailme wrote: Please suggest me if I have any other option without contacting them. Do you think it will get rejected on this basis ?
I don't see any other option.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:42 pm

emailme wrote:I know, but thats the tought thing getting a letter from the employer. Please suggest me if I have any other option without contacting them. Do you think it will get rejected on this basis ?
Yes, if proofs of two different origins do not coincide with each other, it might result in a rejection, or at least you can not claim for those four payslips. You have to provide supporting information to prove your claim. May be you need to show Tier 1 guidance notes to your employer. I know it is sometimes hard to get letter from employer. I almost debated with my employer about it, showed him Tier 1 guidance notes, finally got a letter from him and got Tier 1 visa. So just try again, good luck!!!

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:43 pm

gotcha wrote:
emailme wrote:I know, but how to proceed further in this case. I have a P60 which covers from Apr '08 to March '09, and the tax has been taken care by the employer i believe in this. So, how can I put this thing in the covering letter to explain this mismatch.
p60 is useful, only when claim period is period shown on p60, which is not true in your case. As mentioned already , get a letter from employer stating gross and net salary over claim period(ofcourse inlcuding OT). Otherwise, it won't corraborate with bank statements.
One more option is , if you could score enough points without those four months, discard it.

amitc

Post by amitc » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:17 am

My friend had similar problem when one of his payslips mismatched with bank statements due to error from payroll dept. He was refused his Tier 1 application. He won appeal later with the help of letter from payroll dept and clarification. . But it took few months and so much harassment and tension. So it is better to attach letter from your payroll other wise don’t add those payslips.

emailme
Newly Registered

Post by emailme » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:35 pm

I have a Work Permit as a proof and p60. Can I produce it together in case I am not getting the letter from the employer giving my gross annual pay and net pay. Please suggest

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:13 pm

get a letter from HMRC ABOUT yr earnings for yr required period , if yr case is geniune than u should be fine , HO will NOT refuse HMRC proved income.

emailme
Newly Registered

Post by emailme » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:34 am

Thank you. That sounds good, letter from HMRC.

But, is that possible that HMRC will give the details which will include my overtime too which is not shown in the payslips but just transferred in the bank. I have requested a letter of clarification for the same from my employer but they are not responding. I need to include my Overtime as well in the gross pay to gain enough points.

Please advice.

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:58 am

emailme wrote:Thank you. That sounds good, letter from HMRC.

But, is that possible that HMRC will give the details which will include my overtime too which is not shown in the payslips but just transferred in the bank. I have requested a letter of clarification for the same from my employer but they are not responding. I need to include my Overtime as well in the gross pay to gain enough points.

Please advice.
THAN U KNOW well that OT is not taxed income , Whatever reported to HMRC , WILL be given on their letter head as grsoos taxed salary and tax paid.

emailme
Newly Registered

Post by emailme » Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:27 pm

Thank you.

I have the email proof which I have sent to my employer asking for the letter to give the explanation. Can I enclose it along with the appliation for the reference. Will they consider my case ?

Please advice.