ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Credit Check

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nm
Member of Standing

Credit Check

Post by nm » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:14 pm

Hi

I heard that there are few employers demand credit history or credit report before provides an employment.?

What does mean and i heard there are few private agencies providing this service.

Expecting our members to throw light on this.

vks

Post by vks » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:19 pm

No Idea, where you got this/heard this information!

You should be good on the topic @
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/loans/ ... edit-score
Regards,
vks

amitc

Post by amitc » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:52 am

I never heard any employer checking credit score but few retail employer have that option in application form. There are three main agencies doing credit scoring- Experian, Call Credit, Equifax. You can register with any one of them to have your credit report. They charge minimum for this service. I am registered with checkmyfile.com, they give me unlimited access to all 3 agencies. I always check my scores and can keep track of all my finance.

quadri78
Newly Registered

Post by quadri78 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:26 pm

Yes. Employers involved in the financial services industry MUST and will normally do a credit check of you before offering employment. Depending on the sector of employment, sometimes CRB criminal records bureau is also required and employers do it as a part of completing recruitment formality.

For credit checks Experian and Equifax are the authorised holders of financial data in the UK.

Hope this helps
quadri78

aruni4470
Diamond Member

Re: Credit Check

Post by aruni4470 » Thu Jan 14, 2010 3:32 pm

nm wrote:Hi

I heard that there are few employers demand credit history or credit report before provides an employment.?

What does mean and i heard there are few private agencies providing this service.

Expecting our members to throw light on this.
Yes some employers who are regulated by FSA have to check credit history and obtain a report from CRB before they can offer employment. But, it is not limited to those companies. More companies are opting to find about the candidate's background nowadays.

http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/interview/Why_ ... +Interview