ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching to Tier 1 General

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

david202
Newly Registered

Switching to Tier 1 General

Post by david202 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:15 pm

Hi

I was in SEGS visa for 10 months and then I switched to work permit valid for 5 years. I have been on a work permit for 2 years now. I am considering to switch to Tier 1. Can you please help me clarify the following?

1- Does my first 10 months on SEGS count towards my 5 years work visa where I can then apply for ILR? (So I can apply for ILR 10 months before my work permit expire)

2- Is there any risk to my current work permit visa if I try to swtich to Tier 1? What's the advantage and disadvantage of switching?

3- I'll turn 30 in couple of months. Do I still qualify for the points under the age of 29?

Thanks in advace for your help

David

david202
Newly Registered

Post by david202 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:50 am

This has been viewed by 59 people so far, but no one tried answering :S

needhsmpext
Newly Registered

Post by needhsmpext » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:44 am

Hi David,

I was in SEGS visa for 10 months and then I switched to work permit valid for 5 years. I have been on a work permit for 2 years now. I am considering to switch to Tier 1. Can you please help me clarify the following?

1- Does my first 10 months on SEGS count towards my 5 years work visa where I can then apply for ILR? (So I can apply for ILR 10 months before my work permit expire)

>>> I dont know abt SEGS visa.. probably somebody else could answer this..

2- Is there any risk to my current work permit visa if I try to swtich to Tier 1? What's the advantage and disadvantage of switching?

>>> There is no risk as long as your employer is fine with switching from work permit to tier1...

3- I'll turn 30 in couple of months. Do I still qualify for the points under the age of 29?

Yes... you qualify for the points as long as your application reaches home office before you become 30.

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:55 am