ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank reference letter for Maintenance funds

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmp12345

Bank reference letter for Maintenance funds

Post by hsmp12345 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:28 am

Hi All,

I have an in-person appointment at PEO, Croydon scheduled for next Tuesday. Unfortunately, I have still not received my bank statement for the last month i.e. October'2009. Citibank did confirm that there had been a delay in posting the statements for last week and I can expect to receive statement sometime this week.

However, as a backup I am preparing for an alternative of getting my statements stamped/attested by walking in one of the branch. I have observed that my online summary statement only mentions the a/c number (i.e. no customer name). So, I am additionally going to request them to attest another letter to confirm that I have maintained required funds.

Request forum members to review the contents of letter

-------------------------------------------------
To Whomsoever It May Concern

We can confirm that Mr. XXXX has a current account (Citibank A/c No: XXXXXXXX) with our bank.

We can also confirm that sterling balance in his Citibank current account (Citibank A/c No: XXXXXXX) has never fallen below GBP XXXX on any day between the period 1st August’2009 till 15th November’2009.

This letter has been issued on request of the customer. Please feel free to contact us in case you may need any further details.

(Authorized Signature)
Name:
Contact Number:
-----------------------------------------------------

Do you think this combination of attested bank statements / letter will be accepted for evidence of maintenance funds?

Any other suggestions or comments are most welcome.

PS: I am claiming for the period 1st Oct'2008 till 30th Sep'2009; hence my previous original statements (till Sep'09) includes the credited salary entries. Only worry is about evidence reg. the maintenance funds.

Thanks,

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:47 am

hi hsmp12345..

the combination of the letter (format) and bankstatement is good enough to go ahead..

i know u want to go with the letter also since the online statement does not have all the details..

Goodluck..

vks

Re: Bank reference letter for Maintenance funds

Post by vks » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:53 am

hsmp12345 wrote:Hi All,

Do you think this combination of attested bank statements / letter will be accepted for evidence of maintenance funds?

Any other suggestions or comments are most welcome.

Thanks,
Page 36 of Tier 1 General Guidance states as
If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account these must contain all of the details listed above. In addition, the applicant will need to provide a supporting letter from his/her bank, on company headed paper, confirming the authenticity of the statements provided. Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in question will be accepted. This stamp should appear on every page of the statement
So you should be good to go with a letter to prove the authenticity of the bank statement, which does not have the required information as per the
guidance!
Regards,
vks

hsmp12345

Post by hsmp12345 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:27 pm

Many thanks tvn_ramesh, vks,

I was just wondering if there will be any issue with reference letter that I intend to print on normal A4 paper and get it attested and stamped at local branch.

I was hoping that personal banker at branch can issue that letter on official paper; however customer service agent I spoke over phone mentioned that personal bankers at branch might not issue anything on official letter. I would still try to convince them when I drop in to one of their branch.

Thanks once again,

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:36 pm

hsmp12345 wrote:Many thanks tvn_ramesh, vks,

I was just wondering if there will be any issue with reference letter that I intend to print on normal A4 paper and get it attested and stamped at local branch.

I was hoping that personal banker at branch can issue that letter on official paper; however customer service agent I spoke over phone mentioned that personal bankers at branch might not issue anything on official letter. I would still try to convince them when I drop in to one of their branch.

Thanks once again,
Hsmp.. was expecting this...

Is you account a Regular Bank account or Online Account?

If it is regular Bank account, means where you get all the monthly statements to home by post etc. etc..

then you should do the follwoing in RED below..

this is from Page 36 paragraph 201 from the HO Guidance

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... 310309.pdf
Ad hoc bank statements printed on the bank’s letterhead are admissible as evidence (this excludes mini-statements from cash points).
If the applicant wishes to submit electronic bank statements from an online account these must contain all of the details listed above. In addition, the applicant will need to provide a supporting letter from his/her bank, on company headed paper, confirming the authenticity of the statements provided. Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in question will be accepted. This stamp should appear on every page of the statement.
When you pop into the bank ask them to print the latest bankstatement and then get it signed/stamped oneach page and you should be good to go without letter..

Supporting letter is only required for those who have online accounts..

hsmp12345

Post by hsmp12345 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 6:09 pm

Thanks tvn_ramesh,

I do have a regular bank a/c. The problem is that I was told by customer support executive over phone that personal banker at branch would not be able to print off anything (even a statement); though they will be able to verify and attest/stamp the statement copy.

This would have been fine if my statements would have contained my Name; it contains only the bank a/c number.

According to policy guidelines, online statements should contain all basic details of customer. Hence I had thought of taking this letter as stated in my first email.

Many thanks,

hsmp12345

Post by hsmp12345 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:54 pm

hsmp12345 wrote:Thanks tvn_ramesh,

I do have a regular bank a/c. The problem is that I was told by customer support executive over phone that personal banker at branch would not be able to print off anything (even a statement); though they will be able to verify and attest/stamp the statement copy.

This would have been fine if my statements would have contained my Name; it contains only the bank a/c number.

According to policy guidelines, online statements should contain all basic details of customer. Hence I had thought of taking this letter as stated in my first email.

Many thanks,
Any inputs on my query please ? I am planning to visit a local branch tomorrow.

Cheers,