ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Few Queries after reaching UK

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rajdelhi1979

Few Queries after reaching UK

Post by rajdelhi1979 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:32 pm

Hi,

I am going to UK on 3rd dec with TIER1 General VISA and I have following queries :-

1. Do I need to carry my Chest XRAY ? If yes then does it need to be from some particular hostpital/lab or from anywhere ? Does any letter from doc is required with XRAY ?

2. Anything else is required for immigration clearance ? Can I say to immigration officer that I will be staying with my friend for few days ?

3. I will be working on contract in UK so how do I get National Insurance number ?

4. How do I register with NHS for myself and my family ?

5. Do I need to take some medical insurance policy as we do in India or all medical facilities are covered under NHS?

Duvvuri

Post by Duvvuri » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:41 pm

Hi,

Congrats for getting ur visa. I am not sure abt chest xray. But it is 100% compulsory for dependents who come from India. So wait for others to reply abt this.

Once u come to UK u can call on jobcentreplus no. if u want i can give u they will send u form to ur UK address and tht is how u shud get ur NIN. Which will take couple of weeks. U can start ur work with temp NIN which is ur date of birth and tell the employer u applied for ur NIN.

Registering for NHS they need ur UK address proof and obviously passport after which they give u form to fill and u will be called for an appointment with nurse she will ask u normal health related qs like ur ht weight and family health problems.

And NHS here is completely free so u dnt need anythng like medical policy dnt worry abt tht.

vks

Re: Few Queries after reaching UK

Post by vks » Thu Nov 19, 2009 2:59 pm

rajdelhi1979 wrote:Hi,

I am going to UK on 3rd dec with TIER1 General VISA and I have following queries :-

1. Do I need to carry my Chest XRAY ? If yes then does it need to be from some particular hostpital/lab or from anywhere ? Does any letter from doc is required with XRAY ?

Better to have a report ready, so you should be able to save some waiting time. Otherwise you may have to wait in the Q at the Heathrow airport for a couple of hours

2. Anything else is required for immigration clearance ? Can I say to immigration officer that I will be staying with my friend for few days ?

Ofcourse, Yes.

5. Do I need to take some medical insurance policy as we do in India or all medical facilities are covered under NHS?
[/b]Think of a Travel Insurance, which hedges your position against any RISK
Regards,
vks

rajdelhi1979

Post by rajdelhi1979 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:21 pm

Thanx for reply guys !

1. Do I need to take National Insurance number for my wife also ?

2. How do I register with NHS ?

3. Is it some particular type of Chest XRAY or simple chest XRAY ? Do I need some health certificate from some doctor supporting XRAY ?

amitc

Post by amitc » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:25 pm

1.Do I need to carry my Chest XRAY ? If yes then does it need to be from some particular hostpital/lab or from anywhere ? Does any letter from doc is required with XRAY ? Yes. From any Lab will be fine. Carry X ray report with you. Keep X ray details for every family member in your hand baggage.
2. Anything else is required for immigration clearance ? Can I say to immigration officer that I will be staying with my friend for few days ? If you give your friends address details hopefully they don’t say anything. Everything depend on Immigration officer.
3. I will be working on contract in UK so how do I get National Insurance number ?
Call Job centre plus and take NI appointment. Show them Pay slip or any proof of your employment and Address proof (bank statement or Utility bills). They will issue NI number
4. How do I register with NHS for myself and my family ? Take passport and 2 proof of Address (Bank statements and Utility Bills). They will give you appointment with Nurse. She will do few routine test and you will receive your NHS card in few days.
5. Do I need to take some medical insurance policy as we do in India or all medical facilities are covered under NHS? No you don’t need. Medical is free here. But Dental and few other treatments are not free and very expensive here. So have your full health check up in India inc Dental and Eye before coming. Carry all necessary medicines with you.
Hope this will help you….Waiting to welcome you in UK

amitc

Post by amitc » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:30 pm

If your wife wants to have job then NI is neccessary here. It is always recommended to have her NI.

Visit your local GP (medical centre) for NHS registration.

Simple Chest X ray with report will be fine. This is just to proof that you are TB free..

vks

Post by vks » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:42 pm

rajdelhi1979 wrote:Thanx for reply guys !

1. Do I need to take National Insurance number for my wife also ?

Is she planning to work? Then Yes otherwise No!

2. How do I register with NHS ?

Visit your nearest GP, once you settle here. Then take your passport and address proof to the GP

3. Is it some particular type of Chest XRAY or simple chest XRAY ? Do I need some health certificate from some doctor supporting XRAY ?

A report of your chest X-ray should help as well
[/b]
Regards,
vks

gotcha
Member of Standing

Post by gotcha » Thu Nov 19, 2009 3:47 pm

Everything is answered already. But, I want to add about chest x-ray. It's not compulsory. If you do not carry it, you will spend extra half-hour. So don't worry about it.

About using friends address, that's perfectly fine. Many people start here as PG and use those addres.