ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pre Entry Level Esol and ILR

Questions and discussions about claiming benefits while living and working in the UK

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

drumalou
Newly Registered

Pre Entry Level Esol and ILR

Post by drumalou » Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:46 pm

My husband and I have had no end of communication problems with our local college in connection with esol courses/exams etc. We have just found out today that they have 'forgotten' to enter him for his entry 1 exam (due to sit in Dec) He needs this to apply for ILR in April 2010. We will be out of the country January- March and will be submitting his application on our return.

My husband entered this country with v little spoken English in April 2007. He was assessed as Pre Entry and passed his Pre Entry Step 2 exam in June. Would this qualify to show his progression since arriving with a letter from the college supporting this or does he have to get his Entry 1. (speaking and listening) My head's hurting!!!
Thanks in advance, We're feeling pretty desperate.