ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents required for dependant visa.

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

claricedoe
Newly Registered

Documents required for dependant visa.

Post by claricedoe » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:00 am

Hi,
I'm in currently in UK with HSMP and need to extend it to Tier 1. My spouse & son are also here in UK with me as my dependants, and I need to get their visas extended as well. I'm planning to apply for everyone together.

It's not clear what documents I should send for dependants. I understand the things like passport, maintenance fund evidence, photographs etc, but should I also send my marriage certificate and my son's birth certificate along with?

I can see that the same question has been raised many times before in this forum, but couldn't see a definite answer anywhere. Can some one help please?

CD

tcpip_helper
United Kingdom

Post by tcpip_helper » Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:30 pm

yes you must send bank statements for maintenance funds, birth certificate for your son, marriage certificate, wedding pics if possible.

wait for seniors to confirm

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Documents required for dependant visa.

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:00 pm

claricedoe wrote:Hi,
I'm in currently in UK with HSMP and need to extend it to Tier 1. My spouse & son are also here in UK with me as my dependants, and I need to get their visas extended as well. I'm planning to apply for everyone together.

It's not clear what documents I should send for dependants. I understand the things like passport, maintenance fund evidence, photographs etc, but should I also send my marriage certificate and my son's birth certificate along with?

I can see that the same question has been raised many times before in this forum, but couldn't see a definite answer anywhere. Can some one help please?

CD
1. passports(these will also have spouse & father's name) + passport size photographs, application form.
2. Marriage certificate, Birth Certificate of son
3. Maintenance funds proof(Bank Statement will have your accomodation details too)
Wedding pictures not required.

claricedoe
Newly Registered

Post by claricedoe » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:04 pm

Thanks for the replies.

I called the helpdesk and they confirmed that I don't need to send the marriage certificate or birth certificate.

I was told that since they are already staying in UK as HSMP dependents, they already have verified those documents and won't be needing it again.

CD

AntCoe

Post by AntCoe » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:48 pm

DONT BE AN IDIOT AND FALL INTO THEIR TRAP BY WHO SAID WHAT...

YOU MUST SUPPLY THESE DOCS AS PROOF.

JUST A QUESTION....WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO LOOSE BY SENDING THEM ANYWAY?

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:48 pm

Yes, it is better to send these documents. Anwyay, you will be getting these back.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:53 pm

In case if your application is declined by HO, do you have any proof that HO told you not to provide Birth Certificate/ Marriage Certificate?

If I were you, I would provide the documents in the first place. But even if I chose not to provide them, I will cover my back by getting written confirmation from HO that these evidences are not required and including the print copy of that email with application. Instead of going through all these, why not provide the documents and play safe. As adviced by mvent you will anyway going to get all docs back.