ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Barclays bank statements

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

email257525
BANNED

Barclays bank statements

Post by email257525 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:52 pm

Friends,

I am in worries because of barclays bank statements,

I am preparing to apply for Tier 1 G, and my period of earning would be
01 Nov 2008 to 31 oct 2009.

my nov 2008 month pay is showing into dec 2008 barclays bank statement, the problem is i dont have origional barclays statements, i requested to barclays, and yesterday after waiting 12 days i received my dec 2008 statement. But this is on A4 size plain white paper having all the transactions but without bank logo or any thing. Its just white page as some one printed at home.

i need to show my dec 2008 month statement to claim earning for nov 2008 month.

in the circumstances above what can i do please.

Many Thanks.

ukvisaguru_co_uk

Post by ukvisaguru_co_uk » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:36 pm

The statement you recieved won't be accpeted.

Please go to Barclays and get their stamped and signature on the statement.

Also, you can get a letter from Bank that your Statement date is different so you have been issued with the attached statement.

I was said NO, first of all, but then I escalated it and spoke to the Branch manager and explained that this is a matter of life and death as I won't get VISA without this document. My bank was Alliance & Leicester

If they don't give you such letter, then wait for the original bank statement or show the period from Oct 2008 to Nov 2009, if possible. Don't apply before you get the proper documents.

Hope this helps

email257525
BANNED

Hi

Post by email257525 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:37 pm

@VisaGuru

Thank you very much for your reply,

But can you explain more about it please,
As you are sayoing the statements i have received will be okay if i get them stamped and signed also a letter from bank will do the job.

But the statements are just on A4 size simple white page having all the transactions on it. I can not see barclays logo on it. Its not on the Barclays letter headed paper or on the bank stationary. So even geting them stamped and signed will not do the job according to the guidence notes.

and i could not understand the below Bit

"Also, you can get a letter from Bank that your Statement date is different so you have been issued with the attached statement."

Can you please explain this.

also i could not catch you about your suggested earning period Oct 2008 to Nov 2009. That is 14 months.

I have been calculatiing my earning period and the ones which gives me the points IS 01/11/2008 to 31/10/2009. Its 12 months Is not it.

Many Thanks

hsmp12345

Re: Hi

Post by hsmp12345 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:10 pm

email257525 wrote:@VisaGuru

Thank you very much for your reply,

But can you explain more about it please,
As you are sayoing the statements i have received will be okay if i get them stamped and signed also a letter from bank will do the job.

But the statements are just on A4 size simple white page having all the transactions on it. I can not see barclays logo on it. Its not on the Barclays letter headed paper or on the bank stationary. So even geting them stamped and signed will not do the job according to the guidence notes.

Many Thanks
Hi email257525,

I would expect that you should be fine if you can get the statements stamped and attested by someone in a Barclays Branch. If possible, also try to get the business card of the attesting person and attch the same with attested statement.

This would be according to the UKBA Policy guidelines (Page 36):

Alternatively an electronic bank statement bearing the official stamp of the bank in question will be accepted. This stamp should appear on every page of the statement

I have done the same for my latest bank statement with Citibank. I would be going for in-person appointment on cming tuesday.

Cheers,

email257525
BANNED

Hi

Post by email257525 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:01 pm

@hsmp12345

but these statements are not electronic/online statements which are not on official bank stationary and having no bank logo on it.

while electronic/online bank statements atleast have bank logo on it.

Please advise

daftpunk_db
Newly Registered

Post by daftpunk_db » Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:10 pm

hi you can go to barclays and ask a personal banker to write an accompnying letter stating the attached copy statements are issued with your request and due to the dates it can only be generated as attached. Should they have any queries they should contact that personal banker. then she needs to sign the attached (white unheaded statements) with branch stamp and staff no and the personal bankers signature.I work in the bank and this is how we do it. good luck

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:06 pm

The Dec 08 you received from bank by post at ur home should be good to go because the difference from ORIGINAL and that u received again on request is that these should contain wording DUPLICATE but if you are not satisified by them becos of other requirements like logo, ur bank details

i would advice you to go to the bank and ask them to print them the required Dec 08 statement and ask them to sign/stamp on each page and you can then send it with your application.. this is as per the HO Guidance..

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... c&start=40

please see the above link with my and chetan discussion..

letter is required only for those who has online account and not regular account... and that too for Maintenance funds it is very important but becos u r trying for earnings.. so u just need to get it signed and stamped

BUT if you can afford to get a letter from the bank saying that the statement are authentic.. that is more than enough

hope this helps

hsmp12345

Post by hsmp12345 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:06 pm

email257525 wrote:@hsmp12345

but these statements are not electronic/online statements which are not on official bank stationary and having no bank logo on it.

while electronic/online bank statements atleast have bank logo on it.

Please advise
Hi email257525,

These statements are supposed to electronic / online as you (or your bank) would have downloaded them from logging online to system.

Agreed that they might not printed on oficial bank stationary & would not have bank logo on them; that is the reason you would need them to stamped and attested on every single page by your bank (as per policy guidelines).

For a safe side, I would also suggest to enclose the business card of the attesting person; this might be handy to allay any doubts in caseworker's mind or in case worker wants to directly verify authenticity of the attested statements.

Cheers,

vks

Re: Barclays bank statements

Post by vks » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:19 pm

email257525 wrote:Friends,

I am in worries because of barclays bank statements,

I am preparing to apply for Tier 1 G, and my period of earning would be
01 Nov 2008 to 31 oct 2009.

my nov 2008 month pay is showing into dec 2008 barclays bank statement, the problem is i dont have origional barclays statements, i requested to barclays, and yesterday after waiting 12 days i received my dec 2008 statement. But this is on A4 size plain white paper having all the transactions but without bank logo or any thing. Its just white page as some one printed at home.

i need to show my dec 2008 month statement to claim earning for nov 2008 month.

in the circumstances above what can i do please.

Many Thanks.
I am in exact situation as yours and I am preparing my HSMP 2 Tier1 Application for the past couple of weeks.

The one aspect that I had bogged down was Barclays and they are not as helpful as I wish.

I requested them a letter, along with the statement printouts for maintenance, as that was not on letterhead of Barclays Bank. But the personal banker did not accept that as that was a rule for them.(I have even uttered that I have chosen the wrong bank, as I learnt from this forum some of the members were able to get a letter from the Bank)

Now the situation is that I have got a printout for CASH ISAs for maintenance proof and got them stamped. (I wonder if they are in ICE Age, as the statement that I got from Bank was just like an image capture and printout the screen with all other details, which should be eliminated)

Nevertheless to say about the service level agreement(SLA) for a print out when ordered. It is atleast 10 working days.
Regards,
vks

email257525
BANNED

Hi

Post by email257525 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:57 pm

@Ramesh and all

Thank you for the reply,

Sorry my day off from work coming up soon, so i will go to the branch. But i have an other dout. Before ordering my Dec 2008 statement from Barclays i was asking the customer services over the phone about the transactions in Dec 2008. But she said because this Dec2008 statement is more than six months old so i can not access that far. But she said they can produce me dec 2008 statement on request.

Keeping this point that Barclays can not access more than six months old bank statements. May be the same snarior will be if i go to the branch and ask them to print out dec 2008 statement on bank laterheaded/bank stationary. They would say sorry they can not access that old statement.

In that case what shall i do?
Because at the moment i have received dec 2008 bank statement which was ordered about 20 days ago. But this statement is just on a4 size plain/non letterhead paper. and the font is so small may be 10 or 8. its just showing the transactions.

shall i ask them just to sign and stamp this statement, and if possible ask them to issue me a letter that this statement is authentic. and get the personal banker staff no, and a business card.

Please advise.