ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying in Person - Few Doubts

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmpneha
Newly Registered

Applying in Person - Few Doubts

Post by hsmpneha » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:25 pm

Hi All,

I have been preparing my Tier 1 extension document for weeks now and I am pretty much done now but have few doubts

Sorry for long list of queries (some of them might be very silly) but really worried as the appointment date is coming nearer.

Please can you clarify.

1. Do I need to fill Tier 1 extension colour application form or black and white?
2. Do I need to submit a set of photocopies of all supporting docs (Bank statements, Salary Slips, UK Fund, Date of Birth proof etc)
3. I have got original salary slip, Do i need to submit the Appointment or Joining letter provided by my employer which was provided at the time of joining the employer?
4. my P60 is for July 2008 - April 2009, can i submit it? total income shown on it is less than my total annual income.
5. Do I need to submit the Degree certificate? If yes then - my Degree certificate in having Hindi as well English sentences (both stating same information). Do I need need to get it translated and notarized ? (i enquired it will cost me £45 total including special courier charges as I need it urgently)
6. Do I need to submit photocopy of all pages of my Passport?

Many thanks in advance
Looking forward for reply.

nirmal_kishore

Re: Applying in Person - Few Doubts

Post by nirmal_kishore » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:13 am

Hi hsmpneha
Firstly - there is nothing called a silly question so just keep posting questions even if you have the slightest of doubts.

In response to your questions:

1. Do I need to fill Tier 1 extension colour application form or black and white?
A. Doesn't matter.

2. Do I need to submit a set of photocopies of all supporting docs (Bank statements, Salary Slips, UK Fund, Date of Birth proof etc)
A. NO PHOTOCOPIES. Whatever you submit must be original. If you are unable to provide originals, then the photocopies are allowed only when submitted with attestation and in some cases a supporting letter.

3. I have got original salary slip, Do i need to submit the Appointment or Joining letter provided by my employer which was provided at the time of joining the employer?
A. Not required. But no harm in doing so.

4. my P60 is for July 2008 - April 2009, can i submit it? total income shown on it is less than my total annual income.
A. Firstly P60 is not necessarily proof of income - it is proof that you have paid your taxes. P60 is issued between April and May of every year. You would receive the P60 in April even if you started working in the previous December. There is no clear stated requirement to submit P60 but considering you are going for an in-person appointment, I would suggest submit it. Bear in mind that although in-person appointment means 'same-day service', you get it on the same day only if the UKBA caseworker feels that everything is in order, and submitting documents issued by the UK government (P60 by HMRC for example) might help instilling confidence in your application.

5. Do I need to submit the Degree certificate? If yes then - my Degree certificate in having Hindi as well English sentences (both stating same information). Do I need need to get it translated and notarized ? (i enquired it will cost me £45 total including special courier charges as I need it urgently)
A. A BIG YES to the first part of your question.. ABSOLUTELY submit the original degree certificate. It's fine having things in Hindi as long as the message is conveyed in English as well. You need it to be notarized only if it is completely in Hindi.

NO. As I said previously, there is no need for photocopies.

All the best..

Regards
Nirmal

hsmpneha
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpneha » Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:53 am

Many Thanks
I am bit relaxed now and keeping my fingers crossed.

hsmp12345

Post by hsmp12345 » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:43 pm

hsmpneha wrote:Many Thanks
Hi hsmpneha,

Was just curious to know when are you going for in-person appointment & in which PEO ?

Even I have got my in-person appointment this coming Tuesday at PEO, Croydon.

Cheers,

Sushil-ACCA
Diamond Member

Post by Sushil-ACCA » Sat Nov 21, 2009 3:48 pm

hsmpneha wrote:Hi All,

I have been preparing my Tier 1 extension document for weeks now and I am pretty much done now but have few doubts

Sorry for long list of queries (some of them might be very silly) but really worried as the appointment date is coming nearer.

Please can you clarify.

both r fine

NO PHOTOCOPIES , IF required HO will make their

dont show , may confuse them

if submitted at time of orignial appln then not required

no photo copies

Many thanks in advance

hsmpneha
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpneha » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:31 pm

hsmp12345 wrote:
hsmpneha wrote:Many Thanks
Hi hsmpneha,

Was just curious to know when are you going for in-person appointment & in which PEO ?

Even I have got my in-person appointment this coming Tuesday at PEO, Croydon.

Cheers,

Mine is in Birmingham.
Good luck for your applciation.

hsmpneha
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpneha » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:45 pm

Sushil-ACCA wrote:
hsmpneha wrote:Hi All,

Please can you clarify.

both r fine

NO PHOTOCOPIES , IF required HO will make their

dont show , may confuse them

if submitted at time of orignial appln then not required

no photo copies

Many thanks in advance

Hi Sushil and senior members,

Thanks for your valuable inputs.
One more doubt I have is in filling the application form, Page 54 Section 4, V English Language

As I am currently on HSMP so I have already satisfied the English language requirement during HSMP application, but I have also got IELTS band score of required level.
So which box should i tick in question V? one of these 2 mentioned below or both ?

English Language Test?
or Applicant is currently in the United Kingdom as a Tier 1 ?

I understand if I tick both the boxes then i need to fill V3 as well as V7. will it be wrong ? or will it create confusion ?

Thanks

vks

Post by vks » Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:58 pm

As I am currently on HSMP so I have already satisfied the English language requirement during HSMP application, but I have also got IELTS band score of required level.
So which box should i tick in question V? one of these 2 mentioned below or both ?
I would chose the last option, to keep the application simple
Regards,
vks

hsmpneha
Newly Registered

Post by hsmpneha » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:56 pm

vks wrote:
I would chose the last option, to keep the application simple

Thanks vks
I had another doubt related to photos.
My photographer, didn't cut the photographs I did it by my own, n i think its not perfectly cut [:(]

Also i have currently cut in such a way that it has a white border surrounding it .
Do you suggest, i should cut the white borders as well.

Or should i go for new photographs??
If case worker doesnt find my photos suitable on the day of appointment, will he give me a chance to get new photos on that day ? Pls suggest.

vks

Post by vks » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:16 am

Or should i go for new photographs??
Get it done from Jessops, for peace of mind..
Regards,
vks