ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Looking for a good solicitor

Archived UK Tier 1 (Post-Study Work) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

skywalk
Newly Registered

Looking for a good solicitor

Post by skywalk » Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:55 am

hi ...I am new to this site. I has been refused my PSW visa application last tuesday due to luck of Fund. I need to appeal before 1st DEC 2009. I live in Haringay , London . Can someone advice me a good solicitor in london with reasonable price ? Advice by PM is Ok as well. Thank

reddit
Newly Registered

Post by reddit » Sat Nov 21, 2009 1:08 pm

The only right of appeal you have is if you actually had the money in a differnt account that you did not show to the home office at the time PREVIOUS to the application.

So if you have a bank account in your home country with the funds for 3 months that is fine, or if you had another bank account which you forgot to attach that is also fine.

If you sent online statements instead of the actual bank statements and that is the reason why you were denied that is also fine and can be won on appeal.

there is no case law that shows anyone winning with the less than £800 for 3 months.

Lawyers will try to take £1500 from you and write some ridiculous arguments about it being policy and only being used as guidance but I dont know anyone that has won a case on the maintenence issue alone.

If you can prove any of the above than go ahead and appeal. if you can not it is better to go back and maintain your account for 3 months with £2800 and apply again.

Or if you want to feel lucky and have maintained your account with £800 for 3 months since your initial application try and make a fresh application and cross your fingers!!!

dont invest in a slimy lawyer!

skywalk
Newly Registered

Post by skywalk » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:19 am

Hi. reddit ..I really appreciate for your advice .
I am using 3 banks account and let me check the the total amounts for that period ( 3 months ). The last month's balance was 5400 pounds. But I think I don't have 800 pounds for consecutive 90 days . Do you think can I appeal for a few days that below 800 pounds?
Now I am thinking to appeal myself.
Please give me advice.

promise44
Newly Registered

Post by promise44 » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:31 pm

There is only one person (that I know of) who has won without having another bank account to make up the shortfall of the three months. You can check "selvyn's post". He said he was able to appeal and win because he had an over draft of £1000.00.

Honestly, most people who don't have another bank account don't get thru, but hey Selvyn's appeal was allowed. Some people who initially appealed and failed, keep appealing until they got to the high court. They then sent in an out of time application and they were able to get their visas. This takes ages though. But is what I have gathered from posts on this forum.

skywalk
Newly Registered

Post by skywalk » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:14 am

promise44 wrote:There is only one person (that I know of) who has won without having another bank account to make up the shortfall of the three months. You can check "selvyn's post". He said he was able to appeal and win because he had an over draft of £1000.00.
Hi, Big thank for " Promise44" . I have an overdraft of 2500 pounds now. So I think I can appeal with this point. I must appeal with this overdraft amount because I didn't have enough money in other bank accounts at the moment.
I will try it now.

casanova
Newly Registered

Post by casanova » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:10 am

man don't waste your time and money by involving lawyers, my best advice is instead of giving money to your lawyer put that money in your bank account and start maintaining your funds according to what you suppose to have if you apply from your own country then go through with the appeal process usually it take alot of time and hopefully by that time you will have your funds will be ready now you can go back and apply from your country and then comeback