ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Completing 5 yrs stay in UK, need help in ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cheers2boss

Completing 5 yrs stay in UK, need help in ILR

Post by cheers2boss » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:24 pm

Hi Friends,

I need advice from you. I will be completing 5 yrs (3 yrs 11 months on Work permit plus 1 year 1 month on Tier 1) stay in UK in a week's time from today. I have come to UK initially on Work permit and then changed to Tier 1 visa which is valid until Oct 2011. My family (wife and kid) have come to UK just 3 months back on Tier 1 dependent visa. My question are as follows.

1) Can I apply for ILR now even though my visa is valid until Oct 2011?
2) If yes and assuming I get ILR what will be the visa status of my family after I get ILR? Will their visa be valid if I switch over to ILR? I know they can't apply for ILR for another 2 years.

Also I need suggestion from you whether I should apply for ILR now or wait till my family completes 2 years of stay time in UK and apply all together?

With warm regards

z.yas
Newly Registered

Re: Completing 5 yrs stay in UK, need help in ILR

Post by z.yas » Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:32 pm

cheers2boss wrote:Hi Friends,

I need advice from you. I will be completing 5 yrs (3 yrs 11 months on Work permit plus 1 year 1 month on Tier 1) stay in UK in a week's time from today. I have come to UK initially on Work permit and then changed to Tier 1 visa which is valid until Oct 2011. My family (wife and kid) have come to UK just 3 months back on Tier 1 dependent visa. My question are as follows.

1) Can I apply for ILR now even though my visa is valid until Oct 2011?
2) If yes and assuming I get ILR what will be the visa status of my family after I get ILR? Will their visa be valid if I switch over to ILR? I know they can't apply for ILR for another 2 years.

Also I need suggestion from you whether I should apply for ILR now or wait till my family completes 2 years of stay time in UK and apply all together?

With warm regards
I think you are eligible to apply for ILR now (you have been from 28 days before the completion of your 5 years stay), and your dependants can also apply at the same time... no need for them to wait for 5 years. Good luck!

cheers2boss

Post by cheers2boss » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:34 pm

z.yas I don't think my dependents can apply along with me now as the requirement for them to apply is that they need to be in UK for atleast 2 years.

Hi seniors any help is much appreciated. Please reply.