ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

need info about obtaining Irish Visa from Morocco

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Noctistenebris
Newly Registered

need info about obtaining Irish Visa from Morocco

Post by Noctistenebris » Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:56 pm

Good Day to you all,

I am Moroccan citizen have married Irish citizen recently in Morocco, and currently thinking of applying for Irish visa off the consulate here to join my wife in Dublin, and would like to ask

- my age is 24 and my wife is now 33. when I apply, would there be an interview with visa officer of some kind? and also, would they give me visa with no issues as age difference is not sort of an issue but maybe in their eyes would trigger them to ask questions.

- how long does reunification visa take? and I get refused the visa, would i apply again?

some further assitance on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all for your anticipation regarding this question.

yustynne

Re: need info about obtaining Irish Visa from Morocco

Post by yustynne » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:35 am

Noctistenebris wrote:Good Day to you all,

I am Moroccan citizen have married Irish citizen recently in Morocco, and currently thinking of applying for Irish visa off the consulate here to join my wife in Dublin, and would like to ask

- my age is 24 and my wife is now 33. when I apply, would there be an interview with visa officer of some kind? and also, would they give me visa with no issues as age difference is not sort of an issue but maybe in their eyes would trigger them to ask questions.

- how long does reunification visa take? and I get refused the visa, would i apply again?

some further assitance on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all for your anticipation regarding this question.
Hello Noctistenebris,

First of all, congradulations on your marriage! Since you're going to apply Online and submit the supporting documentation at one of the Irish consulates in Morocco, i doubt that the consul will give you any questions concerning your age difference because the consul is responsible only to collect your documentation into a packet and send it out to the Irish embassy in Egypt. Will the Irish embassy in Egypt insist on making an interview via phone, i don't know but as i suspect probably no. Finally, they will care more your RH prior to marriage and financial means of support. As i know spouse visa processing should take not more than 6 months but if you search on threads here, you may find some people who were waiting for a decision even 10 months. If you are refused, i guess you can appeal the decision. If your appeal doesn't give any results, you can apply again.

Good luck!

im alone
Newly Registered

Post by im alone » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:24 pm

dont apply now
you have to meet him 4 to 5 times
because the RH is very important

yustynne

Post by yustynne » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:15 pm

im alone wrote:dont apply now
you have to meet him 4 to 5 times
because the RH is very important
Why do u think that you have to meet at least 4-5 times? Yeah, i know that to meet 1 time before marriage is not enough but why exactly 4-5? I doubt they have clear numbers how many times since each case is individual. Do you include the meeting during which you got married? Do you mean 4-5 times prior to marriage or during all period prior to application?

IrishTom
BANNED

Post by IrishTom » Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:46 pm

You got married after meeting once? :shock:

You have little or no chance of obtaining a visa. There is a crack down on bogus marriages. Thankfully.