ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How to go for EntryClearance with Dependent declaration

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

smallsaurabh
Newly Registered

How to go for EntryClearance with Dependent declaration

Post by smallsaurabh » Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:04 am

Hi, I m going to apply for Entry Clearance, At the time of my appilcation of HSMP i was unmarried, and at present i m married, My wife is totally dependent on me.

Now how should i apply ?
Should i apply for EntryClearance with my wife (As second applicaiton with VAF-2 Form)? or if i should file for my wife later after my clearance ?
Should i sent it by post / Dropbox ? Is there any interview i or my wife need to face ?

Pls reply in detail.

Regards,
Saurabh

yodiyokun
Member of Standing

Post by yodiyokun » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:16 am

in which country are you applying for EC
Rules differ from country to country
My bow has been renewed

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:18 am

Hi Saurabh,

Your marrital status at the time of applying for HSMP has nothign to do with the EC for you and your wife. You can apply together if you wish, and if u have sufficient funds to show for both of yours survival. I think there is nothing like drop box, but yes, u can take service of VFS located to a few places in the country. and so far as I know, u need not to fill VAF-2, its the same VAF-1 only for the dependents.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:28 am

The VAF2 form is only for applying for settlement. As already said, it is the VAF1 form that should be used.

On your wife's VAF1 form she should obviously tick the "Dependant of a person in a long-stay category (e.g. student, employment)" box.
John

smallsaurabh
Newly Registered

Post by smallsaurabh » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:23 pm

Thank you very much for your kind advise.

Actually at present i m much settled in India with good salary / perks i.e. 30k in india. How is the IT market in UK? I m database (IT Field) professional, is it advisable to leave everythign here in india and move to UK ?

dhavaluk
Member of Standing

Post by dhavaluk » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:58 pm

Saurabh,

this you must have thought at the time of applying and spending nearly your one month's salary on application fees for HSMP. You would have even done as urvey on web for your specific field. If you were satisfied with what you ahve here in India, you must have not appleid for HSMP at all.

I am not from IT field, but i have seen and known people here who have got 3300 to 5500 GBP per month. WHich i think definitely a huge ammount to earn. Though their area of expertrise may be different fomr yours, this is what one can get (mind well, me saying ONE CAN...and not ONE DOES).

So, always you are the best judge of your self, compare the industry situation, benefits that you are getting, future, etc. here and then decide.

sen
Newly Registered

Post by sen » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:45 am

saurabh,

your details interests me! As I'm in IT field myself, could you guide some of newbies like me interested in applying for HSMP?

my main question is how did you manage to get the reference letter from your company HR and project manager???

what are the different points you claimed???

did your references been checked by BHC???

did u convert the annual income of past year into applying day's GBP or every month's pay amount into that payday's conversion rate???

senior members like davalak and HSMP holders should continue posting in this forum as we juniors need your help