ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship - details of application compilation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

v emmy

Citizenship - details of application compilation

Post by v emmy » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:54 pm

I hope I'm not nit-picking (or else not reading directions carefully enough)... but since I have to prepare planning applications to go to about 15 counties, I know that sometimes it's the little things that get app's thrown back, and everyone does not interpret everything the same way.
  • Does it help or hinder if we 2-hole-punch on the left side of the various pages we are submitting, separate them by dividers and bind them in a manila file with metal file fastener? Or just stick everything in an envelope and hope they stay together? Seems like a little effort on "presentation" might at least not annoy the first person who has to handle it.

Are's P60's recommended? I sure wish they'd be more specific.

Do they really send a letter of acceptance with an application reference number within a couple of weeks?? (or on the negative side: return the whole lot if I forget to write n/a in a space?)?
I hope I'm close to having everything together. Waiting on two sets of documents to arrive still. Then have to get all the certifiables certified, sign the declaration in front of the proper person and post.

Thanks in advance for advice/exeprience.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:11 am

Does it help or hinder if we 2-hole-punch on the left side of the various pages we are submitting, separate them by dividers and bind them in a manila file with metal file fastener? Or just stick everything in an envelope and hope they stay together? Seems like a little effort on "presentation" might at least not annoy the first person who has to handle it.
i would suggest, do not over do it. they do have separate folders for each file and chances are they will have to disassemble your file to fit in theirs. just send all the sheets nice and neatly in order. you can separate them by dividers or the post-its if you wish. they probably have a specific order as to how the docs go into the file anyways...
Do they really send a letter of acceptance with an application reference number within a couple of weeks?? (or on the negative side: return the whole lot if I forget to write n/a in a space?)?
yes, you would get an acknowledgement within 2 weeks if you qualify.

victor8600

Post by victor8600 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:59 am

Does it help or hinder if we 2-hole-punch on the left side of the various pages we are submitting.. and bind them in a manila file
Do not do it, it makes documents difficult to copy automatically.
All your base are belong to us

v emmy

Post by v emmy » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:12 pm

agniukas, victor8600- excellent points from both of you. Thank you very much.
I think I've let myself get so nervous that the obvious eludes me!! :?
  • :arrow: Do they require or want P60's?

victor8600

Post by victor8600 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:48 pm

v emmy wrote:Do they require or want P60's?
Does the application form state you need to add a copy of P60? That is your answer :)

v emmy

Post by v emmy » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:14 pm

Well.... the form doesn't specifically state that we need P21's either :wink:

One must enquire as to exactly what "Copy of documentation from Revenue Commissioners regarding tax affairs if employed" means.

For one who is not fully familiar with all aspects of what constitutes "tax affairs" in Ireland, it is hard to know for certain.

But I'll take that as a "no" on the P60, and hope that P21 is all that is required to tick that box!

Cheers

victor8600

Post by victor8600 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:22 pm

v emmy wrote:One must enquire as to exactly what "Copy of documentation from Revenue Commissioners regarding tax affairs if employed" means.
This could mean a P21 (for PAYE workers) or a "Certificate of Tax Compliance" (for Individually Taxed persons).

AShawna

Post by AShawna » Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:38 pm

v emmy wrote:Well.... the form doesn't specifically state that we need P21's either :wink:

One must enquire as to exactly what "Copy of documentation from Revenue Commissioners regarding tax affairs if employed" means.

For one who is not fully familiar with all aspects of what constitutes "tax affairs" in Ireland, it is hard to know for certain.

But I'll take that as a "no" on the P60, and hope that P21 is all that is required to tick that box!

Cheers
For revenue documentation I sent in certificate of tax credits and P21 (I'm a PAYE employee)
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...