ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

salaried or self employed?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

skomati

salaried or self employed?

Post by skomati » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:30 am

hi, i am running my own limited company and i am the sole director and sole share holder but i have 2 employees in my company..

i am P.S.W visa and going to apply for tier1...

I bought this ready made company in july/09 from a formation agent which was incorporated in feb/09. formation agent got 1 nominal share in the company when he incorporated the company.. and he transfred that by sending an stock transfer form... but when i check the companies house web site , the share holder name is formation agent.. because it can not be updated untill i submit my annual return..which is due in feb/10.. but i am planning to apply for tier1 in dec/09

i did took salary for 3 months(sep/oct/nov) in the last 12 months but not every week , but when ever i want...and all the money what ever i received was accumalated in company business account. i am planning to take as dividend at the end of Nov/09..

so my questions are

1. because i did not took salary continuously, am i able to claim point for my salary? if i can claim points for my salary, do i (or accountant) need to issue payslips with 0 pay every week when there is nopay in that week....?
2.so what category , do i come ? either salaried employment or self employed?
3. whcih is best category to apply according to my case..?
4.i am planning to change Accounting reference date to the end of this month so that i can submit annual returns and share holder information..
is it o.k or will it create any problems?
5. if i apply under self employed working under limited structure , taking salary and dividends then what documents , do i need to submit?
6. if i want to retain all the profits in the company , then what documents do i need to submit?
7. which is the best option among 5 or 6?

i need ur valuable advise ,
thanks in advance...