ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

company name change

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vj_79
Newly Registered

company name change

Post by vj_79 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:09 am

Hello ,
I am due to appear for my Work permit change to HSMP and I just remember that my company had changed their name to the one that processed my work permit. Do I need to mention this is any of the covering letter when I appear for HSMP ? I never notified the company name change to immigration office.

please help me .

Thanks

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: company name change

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:12 am

vj_79 wrote:Hello ,
I am due to appear for my Work permit change to HSMP and I just remember that my company had changed their name to the one that processed my work permit. Do I need to mention this is any of the covering letter when I appear for HSMP ? I never notified the company name change to immigration office.

please help me .

Thanks
SInce you are on work permit, you company might already have informed home office for the name change. Otherwise they cannot keep you on work permit.

From your side, you can mention the same in your cover letter. I also presume the new name appears on your payslips too.

vj_79
Newly Registered

Post by vj_79 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:40 pm

Hi chetanojha
Thanks for the reply , NO they never informed the home office .

I am pretty sure they got work permit for two other persons in the new company name. unfortunately I am the only one with the work permit under the old company name. Yes my current payslips has the new company name.

Thanks

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:57 am

I think if you get a letter from your employer on ur company letter head explaining the change of the company name and your details will be good supporting doc for ur case..
Last edited by tvn_ramesh on Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:07 am

vj_79 wrote:Hi chetanojha
Thanks for the reply , NO they never informed the home office .

I am pretty sure they got work permit for two other persons in the new company name. unfortunately I am the only one with the work permit under the old company name. Yes my current payslips has the new company name.

Thanks
As adviced by ramesh, get a letter from company regarding the name change.

Also, if your company have not informed HO they might well loose their license for Work permit. But since you are still allowed to work in UK, i think they have informed HO(or may be HO received information from Companies house directly).

GGreg
Newly Registered

Re: company name change

Post by GGreg » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:49 am

vj_79 wrote:Hello ,

please help me .

Thanks
VJ, I was in a similar situation when I applied for my initial HSMP from India. However, I included the following additional documents and mentioned it clearly in the Covering Letter:
1. Letter on the new company letter head stating that the name has changed. It also stated that four of my payslips were in the old companies names.
2. Attached few newspaper clippings mentioning the name change.

HO seemed OK with my documents as my HSMP was approved.