ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

27 Months Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mteja
United Kingdom

27 Months Spouse Visa

Post by mteja » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:16 pm

Myself and my mate applied for the above spouse Visa same time(month)Sept 2008, same country. I got 24months and she got 27months. Anyone knows why the different times?I will be getting ready for my ILR in Sept 2010, when should she be due for her ILR?

Pls advise
togetherness as one

djb123
Member of Standing

Re: 27 Months Spouse Visa

Post by djb123 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:04 pm

mteja wrote:Myself and my mate applied for the above spouse Visa same time(month)Sept 2008, same country. I got 24months and she got 27months. Anyone knows why the different times?I will be getting ready for my ILR in Sept 2010, when should she be due for her ILR?

Pls advise
I believe in July last year they increased the length of the spouse visa from 24 months to 27 months. Maybe you applied or were approved at slightly different times, or it was just the caseworker didn't know about the change in rules.

The earliest both of you can apply for ILR is 28 days prior to the 2 year anniversary of your arrival in the UK. If you delayed your journey to the UK and that date falls after your visa expires you may have to apply for FLR first.

mteja
United Kingdom

Post by mteja » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:05 pm

Actually my mate applied about two weeks before me, and she got hers with 27months endorsement whereas i got 24months. So i guess its the caseworker.

So she doesnt need to wait for 27months does she? she needs 23months and on the 24th month she can apply? is that correct?
togetherness as one

djb123
Member of Standing

Post by djb123 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 8:28 pm

mteja wrote:Actually my mate applied about two weeks before me, and she got hers with 27months endorsement whereas i got 24months. So i guess its the caseworker.

So she doesnt need to wait for 27months does she? she needs 23months and on the 24th month she can apply? is that correct?
She doesn't need to wait 27 months after the visa was granted. Though as I just said she does need to wait until 23 months after she arrived in the UK (not 23 months after the visa was granted).