ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need ? - photocopies with application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mno2uk

Need ? - photocopies with application

Post by mno2uk » Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:37 pm

When I went to the local VFS office i was asked to also place a photocopy of each original i put in ..

Is this necessary ? and if it is do i need to get them attested as well ?

Original docs will be :

1) My passport
2) Masters Degree
3) Ielts certificate
4) Bank Statements
5) Pay slips
6) Letter for FDs from bank

Please suggest and guide Guru(s) .. Thanks all and God Bless, Good luck for all .. :)

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Need ? - photocopies with application

Post by ChetanOjha » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:01 pm

mno2uk wrote:When I went to the local VFS office i was asked to also place a photocopy of each original i put in ..

Is this necessary ? and if it is do i need to get them attested as well ?

Original docs will be :

1) My passport
2) Masters Degree
3) Ielts certificate
4) Bank Statements
5) Pay slips
6) Letter for FDs from bank

Please suggest and guide Guru(s) .. Thanks all and God Bless, Good luck for all .. :)
Quite strange. As per guidance notes this is not required.Did you asked them why they need xerox copy of documents?
But to cut their crap, just provide one. Attenstation is not required as you are providing original documents with it.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:02 pm

As per my knowledge of this forum, the applicants within UK do not need to submit photocopies of originals, while outside UK applicants mostly need to submit the photocopies of all the original documents, including passport. So, it is better you take with you all the photocopies. If they need, you can provide them, and if they don't, well, just bring them home.