ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Opinion on the draft Immigration bill

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dreamtier1
Newly Registered

Opinion on the draft Immigration bill

Post by dreamtier1 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:21 am

Intersted to hear what forum mates has to tell on the draft Immigration Bill proposed by Labour party and submitted to Parliament.There is a proposal to put all the 5 immigration categories to one 'permission to stay' - No clear details are there on how are they going to do it -On the first look this does not seems to be an optimistic one in long term for migrants..

What does you all think ?

The below are some of my observations

1) The discussion on the bill starts on next parlimenty session early next year .. (Or after the election depends on Labour's victory)

2) If turns to law, the year of implementation is 2012

3) The law applies to existing migrants also in a retrospective way..I believe that means we (the migrants) need to show our right to stay in UK on whatever rules apply that time

ukswus

Post by ukswus » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:40 pm

Just to be clear, when people discuss this proposed bill, it is my impression that they assume that all 5 tier visa categories will somehow be abolished, and one single category replacing them will be created. As a matter of fact, this is not the case. As can be seen from this link http://www.theyworkforyou.com/wms/?id=2 ... 12a.33WS.4 , there will be a new "permission" concept, which will replace the following 5 concepts: leave to enter, leave to remain, entry clearance, the right to abode and exemption from control. So, this bill, as far as I see, poses no immediate danger to the people who expect to stay under, say, tier 1 category for the foreseeable future.

dreamtier1
Newly Registered

Post by dreamtier1 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:42 pm

ukswus wrote:Just to be clear, when people discuss this proposed bill, it is my impression that they assume that all 5 tier visa categories will somehow be abolished, and one single category replacing them will be created. As a matter of fact, this is not the case. As can be seen from this link http://www.theyworkforyou.com/wms/?id=2 ... 12a.33WS.4 , there will be a new "permission" concept, which will replace the following 5 concepts: leave to enter, leave to remain, entry clearance, the right to abode and exemption from control. So, this bill, as far as I see, poses no immediate danger to the people who expect to stay under, say, tier 1 category for the foreseeable future.
Thanks uksw..Yes, as you rightly said I wrongly assumed that it is actually talking about the present 5 Tiers of visa and happy to know that I am wrong with it . Let us all hope that the present conditions for Tier 1 General continues in the future irrespective of who comes in power next election