ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help with COA please

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

davidcook19
Newly Registered

Help with COA please

Post by davidcook19 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:39 am

Hi everyone,

I am applying COA next months and i just wanna know what kind of documents we needed to proof that we are single????? Please

i am on student visa at the moment and i ve already got my translated Letter to proof that i am single from my country but it is already 7 months old. Can i still use it???

me partner is british and for her where can she get that kind of documents please

Hope someone could help

Cheers
david

ElenaW
Diamond Member

Post by ElenaW » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:28 am

If you haven't been divorced or had a spouse that is now deceased(which would both be documented), this does not apply to you. You do not need actual proof of being single.

davidcook19
Newly Registered

Post by davidcook19 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:04 pm

cheers

imanesmama
BANNED

Post by imanesmama » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:15 pm

Hi David
After you get your COA just a word of warning if your getting married in a register office and have been divorced overseas. Make sure you go well in advance of your wedding date to register your intent to marry as the registrar sends overseas divorce certs to the General Registrar in Southport to be verified again before the wedding can go ahead.

Our local register office fails to tell anyone this and we almost had to delay our wedding, luckily a great lady at the GRO helped me and got my husbands UAE Islamic divorce cert verified in one day.

Good luck with your COA, we got ours in October after waiting just over 3 weeks.