ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent Visa query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mackeyme
Newly Registered

Dependent Visa query

Post by mackeyme » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:48 am

Hi All,

I have a query. I have Tier 1 GM visa valid from Jan 2009 through Jan 2012. I am still in India because of market conditions in UK.

I got married in November (When I got Tier 1, I was single).
Now I would like to apply dependent visa for my Wife.
Can I do this with out entering UK?

My wife and myself are working for good MNC companies and we have enough Maintenence funds to apply for her visa.

Since she is also working, I want to apply for her visa and come to UK in March or April next year.

Please answer, if we can apply for dependent visa, without the main applicant visiting UK atleast once after main visa is stamped?

Thanks in advance.

~ME

vks

Re: Dependent Visa query

Post by vks » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:11 am

mackeyme wrote:Hi All,

I have a query. I have Tier 1 GM visa valid from Jan 2009 through Jan 2012. I am still in India because of market conditions in UK.

I got married in November (When I got Tier 1, I was single).
Now I would like to apply dependent visa for my Wife.
Can I do this with out entering UK?

My wife and myself are working for good MNC companies and we have enough Maintenence funds to apply for her visa.

Since she is also working, I want to apply for her visa and come to UK in March or April next year.

Please answer, if we can apply for dependent visa, without the main applicant visiting UK atleast once after main visa is stamped?

Thanks in advance.

~ME
Though I could not answer your question why not you apply for her as a main applicant, if she satisfies the criteria for T1 G,? (Knowing that you have already lost 9 months in your Visa)
Regards,
vks

tvn_ramesh
Diamond Member

Post by tvn_ramesh » Fri Nov 27, 2009 10:45 am

Just to answer your query:

YES you can apply for your wife - dependent visa without you being in UK..