ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Credit card for tier 1 extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hsmphsmp

Indian Credit card for tier 1 extension

Post by hsmphsmp » Fri Nov 27, 2009 6:00 pm

Has any one used Indian Credit card and successfuly got tier 1 extension?

I am planning to do so for my dependant, as the UK Barclays Visa debit card transaction apparently failed when HO tried.

HO has asked send the payment details again. This time I thought I would use Indian Credit card. It is only 50£ as dependant applied at the same time as main applicant.

Anyone had tried Indian Credit card for tier 1 (main/dependant) extension?

vks

Post by vks » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:12 pm

Sorry to hear this mate. I hate Barclays now..

You can use Visa cards as per application form

*Credit card - Mastercard or Visa (including
Electron)
• *Debit card - Delta, Maestro** (including
Solo)
Regards,
vks

hsmphsmp

Post by hsmphsmp » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:27 pm

Thanks vks

>You can use Visa cards as per application form

I know this. Just wanted to get confidence from someone who has done so before (i.e., used indian credit card for payment of tier 1 extn). Didn't want the payment fail again.

ChetanOjha
United Kingdom

Re: Indian Credit card for tier 1 extension

Post by ChetanOjha » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:43 pm

hsmphsmp wrote:Has any one used Indian Credit card and successfuly got tier 1 extension?

I am planning to do so for my dependant, as the UK Barclays Visa debit card transaction apparently failed when HO tried.

HO has asked send the payment details again. This time I thought I would use Indian Credit card. It is only 50£ as dependant applied at the same time as main applicant.

You can use Indian Credit Card. Just check the transaction fee/conversion rate.

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:06 pm

why dont you use postal order?

hsmphsmp

Post by hsmphsmp » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:55 pm

I could use postal order or cheque/banker's draft. But my visa is expiring very soon. I didn't want the payment to delay and not give me a 2nd chance if things do not go well and I get a rejection. Just a safety measure.

If I use credit/debit card I could track the payment and confirm if it went fine.

BTW I called the Indian credit card customer service and they told, I need to tell them from which city in UK the payment will be initiated, for them to make a note of it and allow the transaction when it happens. I don't have answer to that :-(. I don't know why they ask that.

One other option other than postal order or cheque/banker's draft is now I can use my friend's debit/credit UK card. Can I do so? Is there any restriction that when I apply for my dependant the credit/debit card I use should be of the main applicant? I guess the guidance doesn't say so and we can use any once with their consent and signature. Just would like to confirm. Bit nervous since the first payment failed.

hsmphsmp

Post by hsmphsmp » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:58 pm

chetanojha wrote:
hsmphsmp wrote:Has any one used Indian Credit card and successfuly got tier 1 extension?

You can use Indian Credit Card. Just check the transaction fee/conversion rate.
Thanks chetanojha...bit unfotunately the credit card customer service asks me from which city in UK the payment will be initiated...I wouldn't know that.
[/quote]

HSMPLOCHA

Post by HSMPLOCHA » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:42 pm

A credit card is a credit card and it can be from any country. I have used an Indian credit card for my initial application and it was successful.

All the best.

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 2:44 pm

hsmphsmp wrote:
If I use credit/debit card I could track the payment and confirm if it went fine.
If you use a postal order, it will never fail!! you only spend £10 for a postal order of £250 (which is the max amount you can get on one postal order). I think you are unnecessarily complicating things by using indian credit card or friend's cc.